Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Must Have Tools

Old 02-17-2014, 05:30 PM   #141
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
So glad I bought these at the dollar store the other day;

Knitting needles!

Very handy on a recent mountain bike fork service.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:13 PM   #142
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery

Knipex Pliers Wrench

The best tool I've purchased in awhile... Maybe ever, I can't think of any tool I've ever bought that's impressed me this much.

I've used channellocks and other brands of tongue-and-groove pliers on a daily basis for awhile , and this tool is BRILLIANT.

My trade is extremely varied in what we do day-to-day. One day could include high voltage wiring/ modifying structural steel/ doing finish stainless work with metric hardware/ or plumbing a sealed hydraulic system... Ect. We do a lot of everything, so channellocks are always a must have, because you might not always have the exact right tool the exact time you need it and they work in a pinch... Knipex just took the concept and combined it with parallel jaws like an adjustable wrench and some creative compounding leverage principles.

10:1 ratio from the handle to the jaws, which are smooth and don't mar or round off nuts.

Definitely one of the most Bad ass hand tools I've used, very versatile, astoundingly simple, exceptional build quality.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #143
rphass17 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryne
rphass17's Tacoma Gallery
Spring puller tool. I got mine from the snap-on truck, great for snowmobile exhausts and doing drum brakes. I've smashed my knuckles more than enough just using needle nose pliers.

Trim removal tool for those stubborn plastic fasteners and removing door panels so you don't scratch plastic up I usually have mine covered in masking tape.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:22 PM   #144
snowbound is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Sean
snowbound's Tacoma Gallery
A good tap and die set.....course and fine. I bought mine from Matco over 20 years ago.

Brake caliper tool.

Right angle head for a grease gun.

Dead blow hammer.

Not that unusual, but a good creeper makes all the difference in the world when you don't have access to a lift.

To avoid making a mess changing tranny fluid on cars that require dropping the pan to replace the filter, take a trash can lid and drill a dozen or so half inch holes towards the middle. Lay it on top of whatever you're using as an oil drain pan. It'll act as a funnel and catch all the tranny fluid that starts pouring out from around the sides of the tranny pan as you loosen the bolts.

I have both a magnetizer and a demagnetizer for my screwdrivers.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:11 AM   #145
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
a locking tool box, so that people stop f*cking stealing my tools.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #146
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan DCFS View Post

Knipex Pliers Wrench

The best tool I've purchased in awhile... Maybe ever, I can't think of any tool I've ever bought that's impressed me this much.

I've used channellocks and other brands of tongue-and-groove pliers on a daily basis for awhile , and this tool is BRILLIANT.

My trade is extremely varied in what we do day-to-day. One day could include high voltage wiring/ modifying structural steel/ doing finish stainless work with metric hardware/ or plumbing a sealed hydraulic system... Ect. We do a lot of everything, so channellocks are always a must have, because you might not always have the exact right tool the exact time you need it and they work in a pinch... Knipex just took the concept and combined it with parallel jaws like an adjustable wrench and some creative compounding leverage principles.

10:1 ratio from the handle to the jaws, which are smooth and don't mar or round off nuts.

Definitely one of the most Bad ass hand tools I've used, very versatile, astoundingly simple, exceptional build quality.

thing looks beefy and plenty of adjustable settings.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:22 AM   #147
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of fancy tools, but what about...

Old 04-16-2014, 05:29 PM   #148
rphass17 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryne
rphass17's Tacoma Gallery
Jeremy Clarkson thinks you only need one tool