Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Portable Jump Starters

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
pcool69 is on a distinguished road

pcool69's Tacoma Gallery
Portable Jump Starters

I want to pick up a quality Jump Starter and was looking at a Clore JNC 660 (http://www.cloreautomotive.com/sku.php?id=244). Apparently, they are the gold standard.

Anybody have any experience with portable jump starters? Any recommendations?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
Jump and carry pro 660. Awesome 4yrs and still going strong. The pic you have is the exact same one I have. Not made by Clore. They were made by Lincoln Elec. The thing is awesome! Sold on it when salesmen threw it across parking lot then went and jumped a car. Power outlet feature awesome for portable 12v power. Get it dude! Do it!
Old 04-12-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I have one by Kwikstart , sorry I don't have a model number , but could get it for you when I get home .

No troubles with it as of yet .
Old 04-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
pcool69 is on a distinguished road

pcool69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerussell610 View Post
Jump and carry pro 660. Awesome 4yrs and still going strong. The pic you have is the exact same one I have. Not made by Clore. They were made by Lincoln Elec. The thing is awesome! Sold on it when salesmen threw it across parking lot then went and jumped a car. Power outlet feature awesome for portable 12v power. Get it dude! Do it!
I know it will start my boat because mercruiser says 375 cranking amps for my 4.3L but what about a diesel pickup. What have you started with it?
Old 04-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #5
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Guys on amazon like them.

http://www.amazon.com/Clore-Automoti...pr_product_top

Maybe MrFastLayne will weigh in. He has some super-mondo charger.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #6
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcool69 View Post
I know it will start my boat because mercruiser says 375 cranking amps for my 4.3L but what about a diesel pickup. What have you started with it?
Started dad's diesel Excursion and just about any car on dealer lot. Never had an issue with it. One time had dead battery on the beater car and took battery out clamped on terminals and drove it home with jump box. Use it when camping and fishing for my spotlight, charge up cell phone, air compressor. Lots of uses with that 12v outlet on it.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:11 PM   #7
03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all

03coma's Tacoma Gallery
Look at Schumacher they make quality jump starters, I have the PSJ-1812. All the guys at the dealership use this brand. Look on Amazon they have the best prices on there.

Products Discussed in this Thread