Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Ah, the garage is finally coming together!

Old 10-07-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
Squirrel Mincer
1-3-2-4 has a spectacular aura about1-3-2-4 has a spectacular aura about
1-3-2-4's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 1-3-2-4
Ah, the garage is finally coming together!

This should be a nice place to do some work on the truck, car, and bike this winter...after a few other tweaks.

First of all, I'd like to thank Fred at Alpha Garage for answering all my questions and providing great customer service! Now, on to the pictures:

Before pictures:

Out with the old, in with the new:

The drain was patched in with Rustoleum 100% solids epoxy patch (not shown here, sorry)

Washed

Ground

Cracks I filled with the Rustoleum epoxy (before pics)

Finished

I'm very pleased so far, but it is early. I'll need to let it cure for a few days before I drive on it. It's ok though, because I now have to paint the walls and ceiling to match the motif:beer:

540 ft2, about 20 hours labor not counting cure time. If you're going to with Wolverine, I'd recommend buying more Bondtite (primer and clear coats) since I found this to be difficult to spread evenly. I had extra Liquatile (the gray), so that went on nice a smooth and cured to a smooth finish. Also, buy a spiked roller just in case. My primer coat had some bubbles, but they were hidden by the next two layers. So far :thumbup:

I have a good idea for a nice paint scheme and need to add some better lighting. I'll also be building some proper work benches over winter. Any other suggestions?
Old 10-07-2008, 06:40 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
awesome!!! i'd love to have that space to work in!!! great job on the garage!!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:48 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice!!!

Your gonna tear up the first time you get oil or blood on it.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:53 PM   #6
jrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: John
jrw1965's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful, sure wish I had a garage. All I got is a driveway
Old 10-08-2008, 04:45 AM   #7
Squirrel Mincer
1-3-2-4's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys, we'll see how it works out. Wolverine's system (I found it over on the link silverback provided) is 100% solids and a three part system. They pretty much guarantee no hot tire pickup so long as you allow it to cure properly and the surface was prepped. My fingers are crossed.

I have some countertops for my work benches, but I still need to make them...probably over winter. I would love some cabinets like them but I still have sticker shock based on the last time I looked!
Old 10-08-2008, 04:46 AM   #8
ninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Nick
ninja_taco's Tacoma Gallery
very nice lookin garage. im jealous
Old 10-08-2008, 05:43 AM   #9
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

nice very nice
Old 10-08-2008, 05:53 AM   #10
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Great job on a great looking garage! Damn, now I'm thinking of doing that...we'll see.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:47 AM   #12
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
freeking awesome!!
Old 10-19-2008, 05:45 PM   #13
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i hate you!!! im jealous
Old 10-20-2008, 08:07 AM   #14
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man, but I no longer like my garage.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:10 AM   #15
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Damn those are some nice garages good job fellas!
Old 10-20-2008, 08:23 AM   #16
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to post some pics of my garage...it's vomit inducing. I can't even walk into my garage now. Did I mention that it is 1500 SF?
Old 10-20-2008, 08:29 AM   #17
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I'm going to post some pics of my garage...it's vomit inducing. I can't even walk into my garage now. Did I mention that it is 1500 SF?
you have to start throwing away all the mcdonals bags and pizza boxes....
Old 10-20-2008, 08:39 AM   #18
Squirrel Mincer
1-3-2-4's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. I am in the process of finishing the project up now. I am almost done with the paint...lighting and workbenches to follow as I get time. My wife is getting cranky since this is the first major project in the house and she wants the living room painted. Priorities, priorities, priorities!

I'll post a pic when it is done.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:53 AM   #19
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
you have to start throwing away all the mcdonals bags and pizza boxes....
but I need those!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:03 AM   #20
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
ow wat the heck here is my dad and I's garage!!
Attached Thumbnails
Ah, the garage is finally coming together!-dsc00679-1-.jpg   Ah, the garage is finally coming together!-dsc00703-1-.jpg