LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Toyotacrawler's M416 Resto!

Old 07-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #21
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery

Got the shocks off last night and unbolted the the mounts for the leaf springs.
The rusted bolts are hell, I haven't busted my knuckles this much since I hit puberty. Should have it ready to sandblast after tonight!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:29 AM   #22
SxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SxDx's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, restorations kick ass. Good luck on this one, whats your plan for the final paint? olive drab?
Old 07-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #23
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SxDx View Post
Awesome, restorations kick ass. Good luck on this one, whats your plan for the final paint? olive drab?
Yes sir they are! Lots of fun!
And you are correct, OD green paint with Red oxide primer underneath.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:34 AM   #24
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Way cool project, they are so sweet to see flying down the interstate on there way to the campgrounds or woods. You know that thing will out live us all if you take care of it................................................ .................................................. ..........Jim
Old 07-29-2011, 07:21 AM   #25
She's got the jimmy legs

Heck yea it will last forever!
Got the frame ready to sandblast this weekend. I hope I have the time/money to do it this weekend.
Accidently left the wheel/tires at home today. Meant to bring em so I could get them broken down. Oops!

Gonna be fun breaking this down.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #26
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Moar!
Old 09-20-2011, 02:32 PM   #27
She's got the jimmy legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
Moar!
Haha! I hit a snag and I'm searching for a compressor so I can do the sandblasting. I will burn the motor up on the compressor I have now if I try to use it. I have a line on a nice used compressor that will be more than enough to do the job though. It's killing me not being able to work on this project.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:13 AM   #28
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Man those trailers are very HARD TO FIND! lucky you came across one, they are the perfect size for wheeling, cherry that bitch out!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:18 PM   #29
mountainkid is on a distinguished road

Name: seth
mountainkid's Tacoma Gallery
sweet build!!
Old 10-26-2011, 12:10 AM   #31
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
More pics!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 12:16 AM   #32
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Nice man! Have you seen Dells build over at TTORA? He built it real nice..still a work in progress for him I believe.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #33
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome project. I too would like one of these trailers. What is the size?
Old 12-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #35
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLharry View Post
Moar
Thats what Ive been saying!!
Old 12-08-2011, 02:22 PM   #36
She's got the jimmy legs

Soon I promise. I've been looking locally for somebody to do the sandblasting. So far the only place I've found quoted me $125 per hour. I'm hoping I can find a better price than that. Even my fiancee has been saying "I thought you were going to have this finished by Feb". Time to get my ass in gear I suppose.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:46 AM   #37
Wallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard:
Wallygater's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post
Soon I promise. I've been looking locally for somebody to do the sandblasting. So far the only place I've found quoted me $125 per hour. I'm hoping I can find a better price than that. Even my fiancee has been saying "I thought you were going to have this finished by Feb". Time to get my ass in gear I suppose.
This is where I'm at with mine. A 1967 M416. I have a hundred pieces on my garage floor waiting to be sandblasted. It's probably gonna cost some cash and well after the holidays the whole project is on hold. When I tore it down I got tired of busting my knuckles so I started grinding them off which worked way better.

I'm torn between rebuilding the axle and buying one with e-brakes that is still able to have the parking brake. This would be ideal since I plan on putting a lid on it with a rack and eventually a roof top tent. But we are talking big money for all this and well things keep popping up that are of greater importance than this project. Ticks me off cause I see it everyday I pull into the garage and just want to get it done.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #38
She's got the jimmy legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallygater View Post
This is where I'm at with mine. A 1967 M416. I have a hundred pieces on my garage floor waiting to be sandblasted. It's probably gonna cost some cash and well after the holidays the whole project is on hold. When I tore it down I got tired of busting my knuckles so I started grinding them off which worked way better.

I'm torn between rebuilding the axle and buying one with e-brakes that is still able to have the parking brake. This would be ideal since I plan on putting a lid on it with a rack and eventually a roof top tent. But we are talking big money for all this and well things keep popping up that are of greater importance than this project. Ticks me off cause I see it everyday I pull into the garage and just want to get it done.
I feel your pain. I'm in the process of trying to save and pay for my honeymoon and wedding. Just don't have the cash at this point to continue with the resto. After the wedding though I'm going to hit it full throttle. I like your idea about the axle. That would definitely be ideal. Maybe one day the both of us will get our trailers done!
Old 01-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #39
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Nice find! And good luck with the full resto. It's going to be hard to find original parts for it. I had the axle, wheels and some of the lighting that I gave away to another builder. I got mine set up enough to use for camping. You might try Ih8mud.com and look under the trailer tech section and you'll find loads of info and help with your M416. Let me know if you need any help.

The way I got mine....

and how it sits now....

Old 01-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #40
She's got the jimmy legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo View Post
Nice find! And good luck with the full resto. It's going to be hard to find original parts for it. I had the axle, wheels and some of the lighting that I gave away to another builder. I got mine set up enough to use for camping. You might try Ih8mud.com and look under the trailer tech section and you'll find loads of info and help with your M416. Let me know if you need any help.

The way I got mine....

and how it sits now....

Wow! Very nicely done!

What did you do with the floor of the tub? Did you completely replace it or just patch it as needed? I found a surplus place in Georgia that has most of the parts I am missing, tail lights, wiring harness etc.