Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Toyotacrawler's M416 Resto!

Old 12-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #101
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Tactical Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Cool build. My m100 is awaiting me to get off my butt and finish it. I'm going more expo route than restore, mine was in fairly rough shape to begin with though. Looking forward to see your progress!!
Being in NV, you should look into going to Overland Expo 2013. It's a blast man. I have more fun walking the camp grounds and looking at the vehicles and the trailer builds.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #102
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
This project has come to a stand still due to the fact that I don't have a sandblaster, can't find anybody to do it for a reasonable price, don't have a welder and just plain can't find the time to finish this project I am going to have to sell what I have. I just don't have the means at this point in time to finish it. It's completely broken down and all the hardware is labeled in bags. I had a few of the bolts shear off while breaking it down so those will have to be replaced. I saved them in the zip-lock bags so I would know what size and where they go for reference.

I didn't throw anything away during the tear down other than the aftermarket tail lights, rotten wiring harness and fuse panel. Everything else is there. I am going to lay everything out this weekend and take a pic.

If anybody is interested in purchasing a project that is already broken down and ready for restoration please let me know. You would have to come pic it up as obviously it does not roll. I could also meet somebody within reason. The tub and frame would need to go onto a small trailer but the rest would fit in the bed of a pickup.

I would like to get $250.00 for it which covers what I have put in it. You will have a very good foundation for an adventure trailer or a complete restoration.

I didn't want to start a FS thread yet because I don't have a pic of it's current state. Once again, I will get those pics on here this Saturday April 27th.

This is what it looked like when I brought it home
Old 04-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #103
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery

Hoping to pick this up next week if its still for sale. Any idea if its the same model?
Old 04-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #104
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post

Hoping to pick this up next week if its still for sale. Any idea if its the same model?
I believe those are an M101. They are a 3/4 ton trailer, and quite a bit bigger.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #105
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post

Quote:
I believe those are an M100. They are a 3/4 ton trailer, and quite a bit bigger.
Yes that is an M100. It is a bit larger.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #106
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Would you pay 750 for one?
Old 04-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #107
She's got the jimmy legs

Yea, I'd pay 750 for any kind of reliable trailer if I needed it. Does that one need any work or is it good to go?

Edit: I think that trailer is actually a M101A2 trailer not an M100 as I stated before.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:27 AM   #109
She's got the jimmy legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Tacoma View Post
The m100's, m101's, etc dont track as well behind the tacomas as the m416's though. That's why we opted for the m416
Would the M101 be a tad on the heavy side for the Taco? 1340lbs
Old 04-26-2013, 06:32 AM   #110
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Tacoma View Post
The m100's, m101's, etc dont track as well behind the tacomas as the m416's though. That's why we opted for the m416
I thought the m100 and the m416 had the same dimensions?
Old 04-26-2013, 06:58 AM   #111
She's got the jimmy legs

I believe the M100 is longer than the M416

Edit: It's the width. The 416 is wider than the 100

Old 04-26-2013, 07:48 AM   #112
I'm your huckleberry

Hmm, I had no idea.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:22 AM   #113
Purveyor of Fun

Yeah i went and looked at one yesterday that I THINK was the same size and holy cow! Thing had a payload of 4500 pounds! I thought you guys said 3/4 tom but all the body lines were the same on this one. Could be just happenstance but this one was 7x9 and I think I'd rather hold off and get a 4x6. Hard to find in ak
Old 01-17-2014, 06:59 AM   #114
She's got the jimmy legs

So I sold the trailer back in May to a guy that had been wanting to build an adventure trailer for years.

Well he finished the project. Here is what he came up with. Pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:57 AM   #115
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post
So I sold the trailer back in May to a guy that had been wanting to build an adventure trailer for years.

Well he finished the project. Here is what he came up with. Pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Very cool. What did you use to support the RTT? Is it just bolted to the tub?
Old 01-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #116
She's got the jimmy legs

Quote:
Very cool. What did you use to support the RTT? Is it just bolted to the tub?
Im not sure what he used. I sold the trailer to him un restored and completely broken down. I can try to get in touch with him and find out for you though.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:16 AM   #117
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post
Im not sure what he used. I sold the trailer to him un restored and completely broken down. I can try to get in touch with him and find out for you though.
I misread, I thought you built it up then sold it. No big, it just looks bolted on there from the pics. I got my tub off, it is in very poor shape. I am debating on fabbing something up and building it from scratch for a new tub, or cleaning the one I have up the best I can and putting it back on.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:16 PM   #118
She's got the jimmy legs

Quote:
I misread, I thought you built it up then sold it. No big, it just looks bolted on there from the pics. I got my tub off, it is in very poor shape. I am debating on fabbing something up and building it from scratch for a new tub, or cleaning the one I have up the best I can and putting it back on.
I think he did bolt it on. Here is another pic he sent. My tub was rotted out when I sold it. He opted to square it up, keep the walls and replace the floor.