Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Bicycle Rack Help

Old 07-31-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
GoatFiddyone is on a distinguished road

GoatFiddyone's Tacoma Gallery
Bicycle Rack Help

I have one of these Sportworks (now Thule) racks,

Somebody backed into it when it was on my car and bent both of the mounting brackets as well as the main "boom". The bicycle holders themselves are in great shape. The bracket that holds the bike mount on the very end was bent up so bad that I just pulled the whole bike mount off and have it by itself.

What do I need to put these 2 bike mounts on my factory roof rack? Does something exist or do I need to make something on my own?
Old 07-31-2011, 08:43 PM   #2
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
both thule and yakima have mounts for their roof mounted bike carriers that are "universal" i believe yakima calls theirs "mighty mounts". not sure hwat thule's version is. so prettey muc you can get any bike mount you want from either company, and if the mount isn't already universal, just order their adaptor that makes it so. thule actually offers an oval aluminum cross bar, so their standard mounts may fir the OEM tacoma roof rack as is.