Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Tools

Old 03-16-2009, 03:36 AM   #21
wizo is on a distinguished road
wizo's Tacoma Gallery
Hand Tools: Snapon and Craftsman
Air Tools: Snapon (impact, and air ratchets), No name air hammer
Power Tools: Dewalt cordless drill, no name corded hammer drill (this thing is indestructible)
Lawn: Echo (String trimmer, blower, stick edger, hedge trimmer, chain saw) Snapper 48" walk behind.

Quote:
Torque wrench? What's everyone using/recommend? I need one.
I reccomend a Snapon torque wrench. Check your local pawn shops and eBay for a good deal. I picked one up for $100 bucks in new condition.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....re&dir=catalog
Old 03-16-2009, 07:51 AM   #22
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a few

Craftsman:6.25 hp lawnmower, lawn edger, leaf blower, drill press, bench grinder, bunch of hand tools

Honda: 3500 PSI, 4gpm pressure washer

Ridgid: Table saw, compound saw, Plainer, orbital sander, die grinder

Bosch: Hammer drill, cordless hammer drill, jigsaw, cordless circular saw, cordless saber saw, dual base router

Milwaulkee: Sawzall, circular saw

Porter Cable: belt sander, laser level

Stanley bostich: 5gal compressor, framing nailer, finish nailer.

Cambell Hausfeld: 27gal compressor

IR: air tools

cant think of the others off hand
Old 04-22-2009, 09:06 AM   #23
txusa03 is on a distinguished road
txusa03's Tacoma Gallery
I don't discrimate on tools, I use whatever I can borrow from relatives

Craftsman, ryobi, skils,....
Old 05-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #24
devilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nice

Army: 82D Airborne Div., Infantry Mortar Man, Paratrooper!
Name: Carl
devilsalmostfree's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to devilsalmostfree
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
whatever i can find layin around
X3
Old 05-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #25
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Most everything I own is craftsman, some black and decker power tools though. My buffer is Porter-cable I think, something from Harbor Freight anyways.

Nice thing tho, I can usually get away with using SOME tools at work, alll snap-on baby.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #26
want1bad is just really nicewant1bad is just really nicewant1bad is just really nicewant1bad is just really nice

Name: TJ
want1bad's Tacoma Gallery
all my tools are either snap-on, cornwell, matco, or mac. air tools all snap-on tool box snap-on, roll cart bluepoint to match my tool box. creeper cornwell roll seat snap-on and lets see..... cordless 3/8 impact snap-on, black and decker electric screw driver.battery operated grease gun and one 3/8 ir impact also. so not all air tools snap-on
Old 05-01-2009, 05:52 PM   #27
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
thetoolwarehouse.net they have good stuff at great prices and also some cheep stuff.

make sure you order over $99.00 and pay with credit card online then no s&h
Old 05-03-2009, 11:50 PM   #28
sdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nicesdnicker2000 is just really nice
sdnicker2000's Tacoma Gallery
Hand Tools: Mostly Snap On and Craftsman a few SK
Tool Boxes: Snap On and Craftsman
Cordless: Dewalt
Corded: Milwaukee, Dewalt and Black and Decker
Air Tools: Tool Sale Junk
Air Compressor: Husky
Weed Trimmer: Stihl
Lawn Mower: Ahrens
Snow Blower: Toro
Floor Jack: Napa
Jack Stands: Wal-Mart Special
Old 05-04-2009, 07:28 AM   #29
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a Bosch Compact Tough 18V Lithium drill. I have a small pile of all the old cheapo cordless drills that I purchased that are all going to the trash now. I got tired of never having the battery ready to go when I was or the battery dying mid job. With this drill, it came with 2 batteries and they charge in 30 minutes.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:08 AM   #30
Blackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Blackened Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Hand tools, Craftsman, Snap On, Matco, Mac Tools

Air tools, Snap On, Craftsman, Hitachi, Bostich nailer, brad and stapler

Electric Tools, DeWalt, Makita, Ryobi, Porter Cable, Bosch, Dremel, 25 gallon Cambell Hausfield compressor

Mower/Tractor, John Deere LX277 mower, Kubota B3200 w/loader and back hoe

I also have access to a full shop with lifts etc. and anything I may not have.

I am sure there is some stuff I am missing
Old 05-04-2009, 08:48 AM   #31
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Very nice! I really like Bosch tools.
yeah, I'm so happy with spending $170 for a drill. I literally have 6 cordless drills that are all crappy for one reason or another. I won't even bother trying to sell them. Also, the chuck on this drill is nice. It has some sort of ratchet/clutch mechanism that allows you to really tighten it with one hand.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #32
Blackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Blackened Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
yeah, I'm so happy with spending $170 for a drill. I literally have 6 cordless drills that are all crappy for one reason or another. I won't even bother trying to sell them. Also, the chuck on this drill is nice. It has some sort of ratchet/clutch mechanism that allows you to really tighten it with one hand.

There is no substitute for quality tools, buy the right stuff the FIRST time or buy it over and over again.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:31 AM   #33
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackened Taco View Post
There is no substitute for quality tools, buy the right stuff the FIRST time or buy it over and over again.
I got my money's worth out of these tools, simply because they lasted me until 30 minute charge times came out.

Most of the cordless drills I got were $30 specials or were gifts. I think the first one got was about $70 and that worked well for a few years.