Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Fridge Help!

Old 01-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Fridge Help!

Hey I have a fridge that has 2 side by side vertical doors. The freezer side works fine, however the fridge side doesn't seem to stay very cold. This happened before and we unplugged the fridge let it thaw out and it seemed to work fine. But we had a bunch of ppl over for a while, lots of food, door always open and it started again. 2 things I noticed, at the bottom of the freezer it ices up pretty thick and quickly. the other was that the fridge side door doesn't seem like it makes a very good seal when you close it. If u shut the freezer door really hard, the fridge door will pop open.

I just moved here a few months ago, its a townhome rental. I want to try to fix it myself before I call the landlord. anyone have any tips?

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #2
giddy up!
derekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 4C071
Name: Derek
derekp's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to derekp
First thing that pops to mind is to check is the unit is level (front to back) and then see if you can tighten the hinges of the fridge side. For the freezer side; see if you can pull the edge of the seal back and push a bit of rope/string into the part of the seal that isn't sealing correctly. That might make the seal a bit larger so it seals to the door better. (If it were your fridge, you might be able to order another door seal.) Hope it helps, if not you might need to call the rental fix-it guy.