Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Cement Cost

Old 01-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
Cement Cost

Does anybody know a ballpark cost for 11 cubic feet of cement? Located in Florida but just trying to get a ballpark figure. Thanks Kyle
Old 01-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You gonna add the navvy jack and water on site ?
WTF is is navvy jack ?

I know, secret Canadian code again.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflan View Post
WTF is is navvy jack ?

I know, secret Canadian code again.
Gravel and sand mixture , you don't have that ?
Old 01-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #5
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
I will have the site ready but want to just be able to pump out of truck. Thanks
Old 01-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
Banned

4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
So will be wanting cement ready to pour
Old 01-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #7
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4jeep View Post
Does anybody know a ballpark cost for 11 cubic feet of cement? Located in Florida but just trying to get a ballpark figure. Thanks Kyle
I think what you want ready-mixed concrete....
Cement is a component of that.

I Googled your area and $70 - $100 per CY came back.
You will have to call around (with your mix design) and get some quotes.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #8
Banned

4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think what you want ready-mixed concrete....
Cement is a component of that.

I Googled your area and $70 - $100 per CY came back.
You will have to call around (with your mix design) and get some quotes.
Ok thanks. New to all the lingo haha. Have friends that can help get sit ready. Gonna be putting a floor in my pole barn to build a shop
Old 01-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #9
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok thanks. New to all the lingo haha. Have friends that can help get sit ready. Gonna be putting a floor in my pole barn to build a shop
You gonna finish the slab yourself ?
Old 01-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #10

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I will have the site ready but want to just be able to pump out of truck. Thanks
You don't "pump" out of the truck .....hehehe
You back the truck up to a concrete pump if you have difficult access.

If you have good access, you can "tailgate" out of the truck and not have to buy pump time.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #11

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Gravel and sand mixture , you don't have that ?
Yes, aggregate

Typical is 3/4" rock.....depending on the mix design.....good, round rock where I am.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #12
Banned

4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
What about a "black top" asphalt doesn't freeze here and I hear its much cheaper. Anybody know anything about that?
Old 01-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes, aggregate

Typical is 3/4" rock.....depending on the mix design.....good, round rock where I am.
Navvy jack is aggregate and sand
Old 01-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What about a "black top" asphalt doesn't freeze here and I hear its much cheaper. Anybody know anything about that?

Is the building going to sit ON the asphalt or concrete ?
Old 01-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #15

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Check your overhead clearance and compare to the truck you want to use.
You might be able to drive inside and tailgate.

You will need ventilation to evacuate the diesel fumes from the truck. That is if you can get the truck inside.
Consider renting a couple of 36" fans and pull the truck outside from time to time during the pour if necessary.

If you can't get the truck inside you will have to pump it. Or wheel it (wheelbarrow) but that would be brutal and labor intensive to get it down fast.

Guessing at about 900 square feet...
Prolly need about 3-4 guys that can finish if you want a nice slab. And maybe a couple of squids to help you get it down. That's if you're not wheeling it.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #16

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Navvy jack is aggregate and sand
Yes, me savvy.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes, me savvy.

I learned something new today , Navvy jack is a BC term , I thought it was a common term .

In British Columbia, "navvy jack" is a common term in construction and landscaping trades and in their respective supply stores for 1/2", 3/4" crushed rock and sand to be mixed with Portland cement to make concrete.[6] The usage derives from "Navvy Jack", by ordinary name Jack Thomas, a former navvy who used a rowboat to mine good-quality gravel from beaches in West Vancouver and infrequently ran a rowboat-ferry for settlers on Burrard Inlet and English Bay
Old 01-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #18

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You said this was an existing structure, right ?
No, do not do "blacktop" for a shop floor....mucho ghetto.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #19
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
You shouldn't have to pump 11 cubic feet? How thick is your pole barn floor. Find someone that can get you a deal down there for a yard of concrete. There's 27 cubic feet in a yard.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #20
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I learned something new today , Navvy jack is a BC term , I thought it was a common term .

In British Columbia, "navvy jack" is a common term in construction and landscaping trades and in their respective supply stores for 1/2", 3/4" crushed rock and sand to be mixed with Portland cement to make concrete.[6] The usage derives from "Navvy Jack", by ordinary name Jack Thomas, a former navvy who used a rowboat to mine good-quality gravel from beaches in West Vancouver and infrequently ran a rowboat-ferry for settlers on Burrard Inlet and English Bay
Ya we don't use that lingo down here. We use inch and a half lime stone.