Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

waxing your (shop) toolbox

Old 01-21-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
spidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Dom
spidy3's Tacoma Gallery
waxing your (shop) toolbox

Just picked up a nice new (to me) yellow Mac toolbox, not my top choice but price was right. I have heard someplace that you should wax your toolbox every couple of months.... True??? Also... good, bad or pointless to use a polish on it too?

My previous one was a black craftsman so I never really cared about looks/longevity

I should add that it will be in a shop, not in my garage.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #2
Taco Roja
Ohbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud of

Navy: 1987-1997
Name: Brian
Ohbrian's Tacoma Gallery
Thats probably about the most anal retentive thing I've ever heard hehehe. If it's going to sit indoors I wouldnt worry about it. It's a tool box.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
i wouldn't wax mine, ..but then again it's just a cheap craftsman tool chest (w/ scratches on it!).. if i didn't have other fires to put out all the time, ..i might wax the tool chest
Old 01-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Waxing a tool box? That's new to me...
Old 01-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all

03coma's Tacoma Gallery
Wax no, but I know a lot of guys in the dealership that wipe down there boxes with a rag and Pledge. Cleans as it shines
Old 01-22-2012, 07:47 AM   #7
spidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to behold
spidy3's Tacoma Gallery
We usually use glass cleaner and a rag and that works good. Just didnt know what the plus' were to waxing it, if any
Old 01-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #8
..Slingin' up mud and we're scarying off bunnies..
186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Charles
186000mps's Tacoma Gallery
A waxy layer can help prevent rust and addition to making it look shiny and clean. I use Boeshield T-9 on my hand tools and shop tools to keep them from rusting. It wax based and dries nicely to a smooth surface.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:08 AM   #9
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
The benifits will be the same as a car. If you keep your car waxed then it will be easier to clean because of the nice smooth surface. same as on the tool box. but really as long as I can get into my tool chest at any gevin time with out turning my hands or fingures black then my tool chest is clean enough.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #10
spidy3's Tacoma Gallery
^ thats what I thought but I have never seen anyone in the shops that I have worked at actually wax their toolbox. Guess I'll try it since these days have been slow
Old 02-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #11
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i wax my box at least once a year, every couple of months I wipe it down with a quick detailer.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #12
bootboiler has a spectacular aura aboutbootboiler has a spectacular aura about
Navy: Suppo
bootboiler's Tacoma Gallery
I like to have my tool waxed regularly as well... help from my BGF.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #13
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
No wax here. Why would you do something that makes the stickers fall off??