Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Show off your garage or workshop!!

Old 02-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #41
R.O.U.S.
RV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to behold
Army: Veteran - 154th Sig. Bn., USARSO Panama
Name: Paul
RV7Garage's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirsTaco View Post
Nice I was going to ask what model but your screen name cleared that right up. But the most important question now is are you putting the wheel in the correct spot, 7 (the correct one) or 7a (you put the wheel in the wrong spot) ?
Ha, I admit that I havn't made the decision yet. .

I don't have any tailwheel time, but it sure is tempting. Better takeoff & landing performance, definitely better on unimproved runways/grass/river banks.... Keep an eye on my blog, we'll get there some day!

Let's see more workshops!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #42
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Field Artillery
Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Went to lowes today to get some overhead florescent lights and a retractable air compressor line!! its all coming together
Old 02-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #43
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Can't wait for the former roommate to get his shit out of my garage...so i can finally do some upgrades/organization and post up in here
I feel your Pain. There is a Bunch of my roommates Baby Momma's Mom's stuff In My Garage. I'm Like she doesn't even live here Why is her stuff in my garage!!!!!! Some of the stuff is so stupid like Fire place tools and the screen that goes in front of the fire place. We don't have a fire place and she doesn't have a fire place Then why does she need to have this crap. and Why does it need to be in my Garage!?!?!?! Ok Rant over.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #44
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
Just a quick pic of my garage. Got all of the toys put up for winter.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #45
Old Sheepdog
Primersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Primersinmyshoe's Tacoma Gallery
Little Taco is too big for the garage:

Old 02-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #46
a member
WhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
WhiteWiddow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Olsen View Post
And here's my garage. I don't have a truck. If I did, I would have had to lay this out differently. But there might be some useful ideas for you here.

A lot about how you put it together will depend on what you're going to be doing in it. I do some carpentry, some metal fab and a fair amount of car work in my garage. Since the garage is only 20x22, I gave up one of the parking spaces for a more functional setup.

Every garage should have a workbench. Or two. Or ten.

Two fold-down from the wall where the car is parked.

One is hydraulically raised and comes up out of the floor:

It also works pretty well as a lift for my rear-engine track car:

Here's a video about the lift.

Everything in the garage is home-made, repurposed or second-hand. I did all the work myself, including laying the tile and installing the lift. The total budget for the flooring, cabinets, benches and lift was $3,500. (I found the lift on ebay for $455, and put another $215 into tool rental, concrete and tiles.)

And if that isn't enough over-documentation,

here's the video about the garage.

And while I know it looks all girly and clean in the pictures, it's a working garage that gets plenty messy:

Where do you hide the bodies? ahaha jk but seriously

That is an amazing garage.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #47
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
I was trying to find a thread like this a couple months back for some ideas. I will post up what I have done so far, when I get a chance

Some space saving and organization attempt with the bikes, ladder, lights, etc.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #48
Trachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Trachito's Tacoma Gallery
man, i'm jealous of some of you guys. i'm renovating a back room in my house where I work on motorcycles. it doesn't look like this anymore but it still has a ways to go before I'm done.

Next house I get I'm going to have a nice size garage to pretty up.
Attached Thumbnails
Show off your garage or workshop!!-room.jpg  
Old 02-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #49
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
here is my shop.

26' X 36' shop will have 10 foot ceiling height...8x16 OHD...2 swing doors...3 windows...

it will be heated and cooled...it will have a bathroom...and a dust free finishing room...and it will be "furnished" with wood working tools.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #50
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
here is my shop.

26' X 36' shop will have 10 foot ceiling height...8x16 OHD...2 swing doors...3 windows...

it will be heated and cooled...it will have a bathroom...and a dust free finishing room...and it will be "furnished" with wood working tools.

Sub'd to this.

Jealous, I want a dust free finishing room.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #51
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post

i shall be sneaking in for build days upon completion
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Sub'd to this.

Jealous, I want a dust free finishing room.
don't be jealous. I'm a 50-somethin' guy who has built homes his whole life. least I can have in my lot in life is a man cave...right?

btw...the shop is a part of this ambitious project:

Old 06-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #52
Jack Olsen is on a distinguished road
Jack Olsen's Tacoma Gallery

My apologies for bringing back such an old thread. But I recently put together a (non-commercial -- hey, I've got nothing to sell) website with more information on my garage. If you're interested, the link is http://www.12-gaugegarage.com
Old 06-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #53
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
here is my shop.

some progres made
Old 06-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #54
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
anyone have a central garage vac system setup?... i've got a garage vac wall-mounted, but the hose is a PITA to deal w/ on the floor/etc,... was thinking about making an overhead distribution header w/ pvc pipe, ...could just "plug" the flexible hose into two or three different "ports"?...
Old 06-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #55
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
anyone have a central garage vac system setup?... i've got a garage vac wall-mounted, but the hose is a PITA to deal w/ on the floor/etc,... was thinking about making an overhead distribution header w/ pvc pipe, ...could just "plug" the flexible hose into two or three different "ports"?...
1. You would have to cap off the ports you weren't using.
2. you would probably want the Highest horse power motor you could get in order to handle all that extra tubing.
3. you would want to make sure you have a way of cleaning out the pipes to remove any blockages that could occur.
4. I use my shop vac to clean up liquids as well. and when ever I do this I always clean out my vac thoroughly because if not the next time you turn on the vac its almost guaranteed to have some Stink in it. I think it would be pretty difficult to keep all those fixed pipes clean enough not to stink once something wet got inside of them.
5. Further thought it would be pretty difficult to get all of a fluid to travel up a vertical pipe. You will almost certainly have a large portion of liquid that won't be able to make it past the flexible hose and in situations where you are sucking up large amounts of liquid the pipes would probable shake so hard that they would rip them selves out of the dry wall unless they were lagged into the studs of the wall and the Joyce of the ceiling

***Edit*** Also the Trunk pipe that you run across the ceiling you would want it angled down slightly towards the Vac and all of you branch pipes you would want to use Angled Y connectors as apposed to T connectors and you would want the Y connectors to branch away from the vac like a Tree so that Fluids couldn't flow down a different pipe and wait there to surprise you when you went to attache your hose to a different access on a different wall.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #56
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post
1. You would have to cap off the ports you weren't using.
2. you would probably want the Highest horse power motor you could get in order to handle all that extra tubing.
3. you would want to make sure you have a way of cleaning out the pipes to remove any blockages that could occur.
4. I use my shop vac to clean up liquids as well. and when ever I do this I always clean out my vac thoroughly because if not the next time you turn on the vac its almost guaranteed to have some Stink in it. I think it would be pretty difficult to keep all those fixed pipes clean enough not to stink once something wet got inside of them.
5. Further thought it would be pretty difficult to get all of a fluid to travel up a vertical pipe. You will almost certainly have a large portion of liquid that won't be able to make it past the flexible hose and in situations where you are sucking up large amounts of liquid the pipes would probable shake so hard that they would rip them selves out of the dry wall unless they were lagged into the studs of the wall and the Joyce of the ceiling

***Edit*** Also the Trunk pipe that you run across the ceiling you would want it angled down slightly towards the Vac and all of you branch pipes you would want to use Angled Y connectors as apposed to T connectors and you would want the Y connectors to branch away from the vac like a Tree so that Fluids couldn't flow down a different pipe and wait there to surprise you when you went to attache your hose to a different access on a different wall.
well the vac in question is a wall-mounted garage vac (i guess you'd call it canister-type?), but i don't think it's designed for wet pickup, ...and i've never used it for that... i have a mobile shop vac that i can use for wet pickup...
Old 08-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #57
coolreed is a glorious beacon of lightcoolreed is a glorious beacon of lightcoolreed is a glorious beacon of lightcoolreed is a glorious beacon of lightcoolreed is a glorious beacon of light

coolreed's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my workshop at the 'Lazy J'. I try to be able to respond to any need or requirement.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:56 PM   #58
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Field Artillery
Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice!!
Old 08-12-2012, 12:10 AM   #59
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolreed View Post
Here is my workshop at the 'Lazy J'. I try to be able to respond to any need or requirement.
I would live there.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:12 AM   #60
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Do I win?