Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Why do Americans still use slotted screws ?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #41
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Negative, we goes to kitchen and uses butta knives, pocket knife too pointy.
wut
Old 02-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #42
Shut up Hippie!
ffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: space ship door gunner
Name: Austin
ffemt2987's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Are you suggesting Americans are lazy ?
Maybe.... I am guilty of using the wrong tool for the job... But who isn't?
Old 02-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #43
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
LoL . Oz I have a top of the line harbor freight slotted screwdriver for you . $27.00 shipped .
Old 02-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #44
Shut up Hippie!
ffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
wut
I think he is saying that his tool box is full of Budweiser and craw fish.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #45
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
OZ, I have a selection of various sized slotted screwdrivers that are of very high Chinese quality

I'll sell the set to you for $75 + shipping
Old 02-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #46
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemt2987 View Post
Maybe.... I am guilty of using the wrong tool for the job... But who isn't?
Here's the thing

I'm installing door and bathroom hardware in a house I'm building , pretty sure the supplier knows I won't be using a butter knife .

Just give me a fucking screw that works

Thanks
Old 02-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #47
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

you OZ

Old 02-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #48

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
OZ, I have a selection of various sized slotted screwdrivers that are of very high Chinese quality

I'll sell the set to you for $75 + shipping
I have lots already , got them from my Grandfather when he died , I think his dad gave them to him when he was a kid , that's around when Canada gave up in slotted screws and went to Robertson
Old 02-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #49
Shut up Hippie!

Quote:
Here's the thing

I'm installing door and bathroom hardware in a house I'm building , pretty sure the supplier knows I won't be using a butter knife .

Just give me a fucking screw that works

Thanks
That would cost them more money... I believe that is the correct answer. $$$$ it has to be cheaper the cut a single notch in the screw vs an X
Old 02-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #50
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
I have lots already , got them from my Grandfather when he died , I think his dad gave them to him when he was a kid , that's around when Canada gave up in slotted screws and went to Robertson
Those are old

You need new ones

Mine arent used as I have butter knives to do the job
Old 02-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #51

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you OZ

I'll kill you Bronze
Old 02-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #52

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemt2987 View Post
That would cost them more money... I believe that is the correct answer. $$$$ it has to be cheaper the cut a single notch in the screw vs an X
Bullshit

and I don't want Phillips either , gimme Robertsons
Old 02-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #53
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bullshit

and I don't want Phillips either , gimme Robertsons
We like to call them thar robertson's square drives down yonder in the south.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #54

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
We like to call them thar robertson's square drives down yonder in the south.
I know

Typical

Keep the Canadians down

Don't acknowledge a Canadian invention

again
Old 02-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #55
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
We stick with slotted for the same reason we stick with inches and pounds. Because we're America and we can do whatever the fuck we want!

But seriously .. yeah I hate em.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #56
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
I know

Typical

Keep the Canadians down

Don't acknowledge a Canadian invention

again
what do you mean...again?
Old 02-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #57

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainEarth View Post
We stick with slotted for the same reason we stick with inches and pounds. Because we're America and we can do whatever the fuck we want!

I use foot and inches all day
Old 02-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #58
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I use foot and inches all day
You're not allowed to. Those are American trademarks.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #59
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
What else would we use our pennies and butter knives for!!
Just ask my wife--get a knife and unscrew it--LOL
What is a screwdriver???
Heavy end of the butter knife is her hammer.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #60

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
what do you mean...again?
a·gain (-gn)
adv.
1. Once more; anew: Try again.
2. To a previous place, position, or state: left home but went back again.
3. Furthermore; moreover: Again, we need to collect more data.
4. On the other hand: She might go, and again she might not.
5. In return; in response: paid him again.
Idiom:
again and again
Repeatedly; frequently.
[Middle English (influenced by Old Norse i gegn, again), from Old English ongeagn, against.]

Products Discussed in this Thread