Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

The official "get off my lawn" thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #161
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
jrzyshore's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=ImpulseRed008;5552965][QUOTE=mak90;5551188]

Sounds like the control box is bad. I had to replace mine earlier this year for the same problem. My controller was probably 8 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrzyshore View Post

I have one valve for each zone
Your right I ment one valve per zone. This typing on a cell phone gets old.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #162
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak90 View Post
Sounds like the control box is bad. I had to replace mine earlier this year for the same problem. My controller was probably 8 years old.

Not sure what you mean by the control box? The timer?

I have one valve for each zone
Timer / controller = same thing

I also have 1 valve for each zone[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jrzyshore;5553536][QUOTE=ImpulseRed008;5552965]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak90 View Post

Your right I ment one valve per zone. This typing on a cell phone gets old.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #163
MetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant future

MetalMiller's Tacoma Gallery
Question: I have St. Augustine grass in both my back and front yards. I bought the house last summer and the yard was in ok shape except for a bit of a weed problem. Between pulling the weeds and nuking certain areas with round up, the front yard is in pretty damn good shape. The backyard however, is a crabgrass nightmare. I am trying to avoid hitting it with round up, but I'm just not really sure what else to do to kill off the crab grass.

Anyone recommend a good procedure for wiping the stuff out?
Old 08-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #164
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMiller View Post
Question: I have St. Augustine grass in both my back and front yards. I bought the house last summer and the yard was in ok shape except for a bit of a weed problem. Between pulling the weeds and nuking certain areas with round up, the front yard is in pretty damn good shape. The backyard however, is a crabgrass nightmare. I am trying to avoid hitting it with round up, but I'm just not really sure what else to do to kill off the crab grass.

Anyone recommend a good procedure for wiping the stuff out?
Crabgrass is an annual (germinates, matures, and dies within 12 months) So just wait and apply a proper pre-emergent schedule next year and it will prevent a lot of it. Unfortunately, St Aug is very sensitive to herbicides (even selective) so there are very few products out there to treat grassy weeds in it without causing phytotoxicity or even killing it. Go over to Lawnsite.com and check out the florida forum, there are a lot of knowledgeable people on St Aug and many in depth posts. I don't have much experience with it, unfortunately.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #165
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanglingFury View Post
I'm officially an Irrigation Tech at the golf course I work at now... We use mostly rain bird stuff..

Might be able to help out if you guys have any questions.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #166
MetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant future

MetalMiller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Crabgrass is an annual (germinates, matures, and dies within 12 months) So just wait and apply a proper pre-emergent schedule next year and it will prevent a lot of it. Unfortunately, St Aug is very sensitive to herbicides (even selective) so there are very few products out there to treat grassy weeds in it without causing phytotoxicity or even killing it. Go over to Lawnsite.com and check out the florida forum, there are a lot of knowledgeable people on St Aug and many in depth posts. I don't have much experience with it, unfortunately.
Thanks, I was thinking about hitting it with the preemergent stuff. I wasnt too worried about it this year, I have been getting my front lawn in shape, but next year I'm gonna hit the backyard.

Products Discussed in this Thread