Refurb or New on Bostich Brad Nailer

View Poll Results: Refurb or New
Refurb Combo Kit 4 80.00%
New & Borrow Compressor 1 20.00%
Other (please explain) 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NAVAIR
Name: Michael
goufcustom's Tacoma Gallery
Refurb or New on Bostitch Brad Nailer

Hey,

I am getting into some home remodeling and I need a brad nailer for some molding work, and after that is done we are looking to sell our current place and buy a fixer-upper, I am pretty handy and enjoy doing stuff like that, but I am young and have a very limited amount of tools. So I am starting a tool collection, got to buy a nice circular saw last week and got the ok (from the wife) to go buy a brad nailer. But the issue is, I have a limited budget, so I trying to decide between a factory refurb Bostitch Brad Nailer with refurb pancake compressor from CPO or to just get a brand new Nailer and borrow a friends compressor.

Refurb Combo Deal - $120
http://www.cpobostitch.com/factory-r...tch-combo-kits

New Nailer - $100
http://www.lowes.com/webapp/wcs/stor...AID=1024206862

I am leaning towards the refurb combo, but leery of the condition and longevity of the refurb, also having a compressor long term is a good thing too.

Or is there a better nailer than the Bostitch?

WOW and I suck at spelling Bostitch....
Old 04-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Refurb... when they are factory refurbs they are pretty much put back to new.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
Wyowill is on a distinguished road
Wyowill's Tacoma Gallery
CPO is the only way to go!!!!!! I have a lot of tools we use daily at my business. Nary a problem with any of them and a LOT better price than new.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
2012 DCLB
gsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Chief Yeoman
Name: Douglas
gsxrdoug's Tacoma Gallery
Refurb, and they usually have warranty anyway. Plus you knocked off 25% or so.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:20 AM   #6
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know how soon you need it, or if you need a compressor, but this kit is awesome...

http://www.lowes.com/pd_325598-43657...d=10151&rpp=24

Been using it all winter for trim work. Not one misfire, not one double nail. I love it. Plus I got it for $169 on sale. Its always one sale every other week it seems like for $199.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #7
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I vote Hitachi. All of my nailers are Hitachi so I'm a bit biased
Old 05-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #9
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
Refurb. They are tested 100% only a small % of brand new stuff is actually tested. So your chances of getting a reliable product is with refurbs. And you save money too. And as mentioned, factory warranty usually applies.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #10
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
If you go factory reconditioned,(any tool) make sure you @ least have a 90 day/1 yr warranty.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #11
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Dammit, might have to pic up a coil nailer now!