Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

looking for push mower.. need suggestions..

Old 04-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #21
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by invstmntbnkr View Post
what green one?
pretty sure this one.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_372085-270-1...7C1&facetInfo=
Old 04-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #22
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
Try this one out from Home Depot. This is the first new lawn mower I have had to buy and it has not disappointed. It cuts the grass super short and the recycle bag works awesome.

Toro 22 in. Personal Pace Recycler Variable Speed Self-Propelled Gas Mower

$350 at Home Depot ( I tried to get a picture but I had no luck.)
This is the same one that I have. There are actually 2 versions of this. One has the blade disengage and the other does not. Consumer reports rated this their #2 mower for the past 2 years. Honda was #1, and only had slightly better ratings but was about $300 more.

Quote:
If that is the same one that I have which I am almost 100% sure it is the lawnmower is guaranteed to start by the 2nd pull everytime. I started it for the first time since I last used it and it started on the 2nd pull....
1st or second pull EVERY time. Its amazing!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #23
Disco850 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Grunt
Name: Disco
Disco850's Tacoma Gallery
+3 for toro
Old 04-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #24
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Honda.

My dad and I have both had Hondas for years. His was purchased new in 1993 and still starts on the first pull with just seasonal oil changes and wintering. Mine was purchased new in 2004 and same, first pull every time. Second pull for both on the first start of the year.

Quiet, cut great.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #25
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
This is the same one that I have. There are actually 2 versions of this. One has the blade disengage and the other does not. Consumer reports rated this their #2 mower for the past 2 years. Honda was #1, and only had slightly better ratings but was about $300 more.

1st or second pull EVERY time. Its amazing!
I dont havethe blade disengage but I dont think that I have the personal pace model either. I did notice that this year it was going slower, maybe it is IDK.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #26
roadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
roadking1's Tacoma Gallery
lawnboy=garbage
Old 04-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #29
countrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

countrylivn's Tacoma Gallery
yeh i like the honda to however the husqvarna has the honda engine.. and pull feature
Old 04-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #30
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051

My dad had used the same push mower for almost twenty years until he recently upgraded and got one of these mowers.. We've been using it for just over four years now and it still runs like day one. I gotta say.. it's a lot nicer than what we used to use.. especially with the Roto-stop and cruise control system. It is a bit pricy though..
Old 04-26-2012, 04:27 AM   #31
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a green one from lowes about 8 years ago. Briggs and Stratton engine on it. It was 129$ i think. Maybe even 99$.

last year we moved from town back to the country. I hadn't used the mower in about 2 years. My yard in town, i cut with my rider. So last spring i pulled it out, put some gas in and started it up. Maybe 5 pulls and it started.

2 tanks of gas later mowing a hillside with about 12" grass, the mower started smoking and rattling and literally caught on fire. It was glowing cherry red and it got so hot it caught the old grass clippings sitting on the deck on fire. I was a dumbass and didn't check the oil. It was BONE dry.

I put the fire out, put some oil in, and started it back up. Been running fine for the past year and this year it was the same. Started on the 4th or 5th pull.

I emailed B&S about the engine. I got comments about wanting to ship me a new engine and they wanted this one back for testing. They finally said when it finally dies, they would replace it and take the old one back.

I'd buy another one in a heartbeat if i had to.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:53 AM   #32
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I just use a cheap ass B&S powered mulching/bagging push mower. Mowing is mandatory exercise for me and if I lame out and do nothing else that week, I know I'll still have the hour walkabout pushing the mower around the yard. It is a big yard but is no field or nothing. If I had hills or acreage to handle then yeah, riding mower with lights to do it at night but just my suburbia 1/8 of acre subdivision lot, nah, regular ass push mower. Brand is completely irrelevant to me, the motor/blade is what does all the work so Honda or B&S on whatever the fuck deck. My cheap ass B&S like in the pic above starts on first pull every time, every year. Someday I'm gonna buy a riding one to mod and race tho, lol.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:32 AM   #33
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I dont havethe blade disengage but I dont think that I have the personal pace model either. I did notice that this year it was going slower, maybe it is IDK.
The handle that you push, does it slide up and down .. basically the further (or harder) you push the faster the mower moves? The blade disengage is a seperate handle that you have to pull down, and once you do the thing sounds as if you started a small plane propeller .. its a great sound.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #35
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Try this one out from Home Depot. This is the first new lawn mower I have had to buy and it has not disappointed. It cuts the grass super short and the recycle bag works awesome.

Toro 22 in. Personal Pace Recycler Variable Speed Self-Propelled Gas Mower

$350 at Home Depot ( I tried to get a picture but I had no luck.)
exact one I bought. one pull start guarantee for a few years too. wife is able to fire it up without any problems.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #36
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
I'm considering a Honda self propelled. I currently have a Snapper rear engine rider that I've had for about 14 years now and it's kinda awkward now as my old house had a fairly bigger yard. I feel like I could get done quicker because of some of the angles and such that I have a hard time covering with the rider plus the fact I don't have room for the snapper unless I don't park in my garage which I'm not giving up. currently I keep my Snapper outside locked up with cables and covered which also makes it more difficult to deal with.

I do have a fair hill to navigate is my big hangup. This is partially why I'm posting here to try to get an idea of how well these mowers handle the hills? My neighbor manages his walk behind (non propelled) on the same slope.

My total cutting area I can only guess is around a half acre as part of my lot is unfinished. Front is sodded and the back is well..............it's green. Haven't had any luck getting anything to take back there.

Another plus I'm thinking with a walk behind is the fact that my rider doesn't seem to cut evenly. Mainly when turning it tends to leave high spots. I think my lawn would look better with the Honda.

So any input on these mowers would be greatly appreciated.