Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

looking for push mower.. need suggestions..

Old 04-25-2012, 08:17 AM   #1
countrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

countrylivn's Tacoma Gallery
looking for push mower.. need suggestions..

looking at husqvarna 7021p is 279.99 !!!!!!! and have 300.00 gift card to lowes and also a 10% coupon.. .. so trying to buy from lowes !!! but give me your input lowes or not ..
Old 04-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Had good luck with Lowes so I like them. Just bought troybuilt push w/ electric start.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #3
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Try this one out from Home Depot. This is the first new lawn mower I have had to buy and it has not disappointed. It cuts the grass super short and the recycle bag works awesome.

Toro 22 in. Personal Pace Recycler Variable Speed Self-Propelled Gas Mower

$350 at Home Depot ( I tried to get a picture but I had no luck.)
Old 04-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
countrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well was thinking since husqvarna dealer is near i will just have them do a tune up each fall and keep it like new.. plus it has 3 year warranty!!!! should be fine..
Old 04-25-2012, 08:37 AM   #6
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Good reviews and big rear wheels, get it!

I have a self-propelled Honda with double blades, it's great. I have a sloping lawn, regular push would kill me.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #7
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
we have 2. (i kinda hate the one) one is a craftsman self-propelled. it only self-propells on flat ground and down hill. down hill it wants to take off faster than you can walk. making going down hill harder because you have to hold it back.

other i went and got a few weeks ago. got it at lowes. it has the big wheels in back witch help alot IMO! it’s green and i think it was a little under $300. witch means you can maybe get some more tools along with it. lol
Old 04-25-2012, 08:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
we have 2. (i kinda hate the one) one is a craftsman self-propelled. it only self-propells on flat ground and down hill. down hill it wants to take off faster than you can walk. making going down hill harder because you have to hold it back.

other i went and got a few weeks ago. got it at lowes. it has the big wheels in back witch help alot IMO! itís green and i think it was a little under $300. witch means you can maybe get some more tools along with it. lol

what green one?
Old 04-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #9
tomwopat is on a distinguished road

tomwopat's Tacoma Gallery
I have a self propelled Husqvarna with the Honda engine for about 4 years now (same as the one you're looking at minus self-prop). I love it. Starts on first pull. Can't beat the Honda engine.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwopat View Post
I have a self propelled Husqvarna with the Honda engine for about 4 years now (same as the one you're looking at minus self-prop). I love it. Starts on first pull. Can't beat the Honda engine.
+1 for fell memphian ...

yeh i like the husqvarna .. think its well made espcially with the honda engine.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:09 AM   #11
Banned
evh5150 will become famous soon enough
Name: Eddie
evh5150's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't buy from either. All those business's do is buy the name. There are many other places out there where you can get the same deal. Don't do it, there was a guy I knew who bought the top of line Maytag washer and dryer. And within 9 months they broke down, so a repair man was called. The repair man stated we can't fix these, you bought them at home depot they change factory parts inside to make them cheaper. So a repair man had to come out from home depot. DON'T DO IT
Old 04-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by evh5150 View Post
I wouldn't buy from either. All those business's do is buy the name. There are many other places out there where you can get the same deal. Don't do it, there was a guy I knew who bought the top of line Maytag washer and dryer. And within 9 months they broke down, so a repair man was called. The repair man stated we can't fix these, you bought them at home depot they change factory parts inside to make them cheaper. So a repair man had to come out from home depot. DON'T DO IT

well the 7021p has nothing changed on it by lowes or HD.. they have certain products they sell exclusive to them but not this model
Old 04-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #14
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evh5150 View Post
Seriously? I just bought a floor model Maytag dishwasher from Home Depot and it was missing the latch for the detergent door. Maytag factory repair came out and replaced it for free. It was basically the exact same dishwasher as a KitchenAide, Kenmore Elite, etc.

I agree that sometimes these big stores get models that only they carry, but that doesn't mean you can't get parts or get them fixed. There is no conspiracy here.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #15
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
I had one like this. But set up for mulching.

Lightweight, very simple, easy to maintain. Started every time, even after winter storage without any kind of winterization done. I would just park it in the storage shed.
http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/p_101...sman_productpg
Old 04-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #16
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by invstmntbnkr View Post
well the 7021p has nothing changed on it by lowes or HD.. they have certain products they sell exclusive to them but not this model
Lincoln and Miller welders sold by Lowes and Home Depot use identical part numbers but change the internals to meet the stores' price points. Non-exclusive items don't necessarily mean it's all the same quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
Try this one out from Home Depot. This is the first new lawn mower I have had to buy and it has not disappointed. It cuts the grass super short and the recycle bag works awesome.

Toro 22 in. Personal Pace Recycler Variable Speed Self-Propelled Gas Mower

$350 at Home Depot ( I tried to get a picture but I had no luck.)
The Toro Recycler mowers are really good. I've had one for years and it's been solid, reliable, and easy to maintain.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #17
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphex View Post
I suggest a used 2-cycle lawnboy from craigslist.
Had one and hated it, maybe it was a lemon. Replaced it with the Craftsman ^^
Old 04-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #18
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think lowes carries them, but I love my toro. the personal pace system is AWESOME!
Old 04-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenBeers View Post
Seriously? I just bought a floor model Maytag dishwasher from Home Depot and it was missing the latch for the detergent door. Maytag factory repair came out and replaced it for free. It was basically the exact same dishwasher as a KitchenAide, Kenmore Elite, etc.

I agree that sometimes these big stores get models that only they carry, but that doesn't mean you can't get parts or get them fixed. There is no conspiracy here.

x1000
Old 04-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #20
SEARCHER
acirco is on a distinguished road

Name: Alan
acirco's Tacoma Gallery
Toro - Personal Pace mower, very reliable.