Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Anyone own a natural gas leak detector?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone own a natural gas leak detector?

I'm looking to buy a leak detector. This is the one I am currently looking @.

http://www.amazon.com/UEI-CD100A-Lea..._1_5?s=hi&ie=U

Anyone have any input? This will be used mostly for repairs and new installs.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:38 AM   #2
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
I'm looking to buy a leak detector. This is the one I am currently looking @.

http://www.amazon.com/UEI-CD100A-Lea..._1_5?s=hi&ie=U

Anyone have any input? This will be used mostly for repairs and new installs.
I just let my wife sniff out the gas
Old 06-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #3
Numbnutz is a name known to allNumbnutz is a name known to allNumbnutz is a name known to allNumbnutz is a name known to allNumbnutz is a name known to allNumbnutz is a name known to all
Name: Jason
Numbnutz's Tacoma Gallery
I've used one just like that many times (worked in hvac for 8 years and counting). It works well, but be cautious around fresh pipe dope. It will pick up the vapor from it and say you have a gas leak. I've heard that the higher end detectors don't do this but don't have any personal experience with them. It's a good tool for the money.

Products Discussed in this Thread