1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lets talk chainsaws

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by nomad_archer, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Jun 29, 2012 at 6:25 AM
    nomad_archer

nomad_archer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Brickerville (Lititz), PA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Tacoma V6 SR5
    Good luck picking out the one that works for you. Its a hard choice because I wish I had one of each... I can dream anyways. I really like the saw I picked but its still new. I have worked it fairly hard without any issues but Im sure the MS290 would have served me just as well.

2. Jun 29, 2012 at 6:39 AM
    Country101

Country101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma access cab V6 4x4 manual
    dirty truck mod, custom trailer scratch on tailgate, husky floorliners, OME Lift
    Yeah, picking one is hard. I spent weeks looking. Then I called every dealer in the area. Ended up saving about $60. I couldnt decide on the bar length either. So I got a 20" and a 28" as a backup.......

I'm about to have some major tree work done and the guy that is going to do it has a 54" bar!!! Now I feel inferior again.....

3. Jun 29, 2012 at 6:44 AM
    fadippides

fadippides Well-Known Member

Member:
    NEPA
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Off Road
    I didnt like the price of the sthils and ended up getting a Dolmar 5100, I dont use it a ton though.

4. Sep 5, 2012 at 7:51 PM
    98cbtacoma

98cbtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Boerne, Texas
    Vehicle:
    98 PreRunner white
    Cobra cb and 3' cb antennas, headache rack, bed rails, blacked out logos. Goodyear wrangler tires. Second gen Tailgate badge. Hella 500 series black magic lights and 500 series lights on top, led brake and turn lights on my headache rack. Custom Bumpers i built myself.
    Got one of these and a Ms250 i think it is with a 18" and the boss has a 20". We do alof of cutting on our ranch but its all firewood or brush clearing (cedar). All of the oaks on our place have oak wilt thanks to our neighbor who bulldozed his land. We are going through and cutting it up for firewood ect. Cedar we use for our fense posts and other things around the house. Stihl is what me and my dad run and my uncles got a husqvarna the same size as our farm boss. Ill take the stihl over it anyday

5. Sep 5, 2012 at 8:00 PM
    TACOMABOSS

TACOMABOSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    96 SR5 4x4
    Bilstein 5100s, Toytec AAL, Deck plate mod, Hella 500ff's, Sportsman Camo seat covers, Total Chaos 1" diff drop, JVC stereo, Painted bumpers and grille, Custom grille insert, HID projectors, Black spray paint
    nice saw. I use one at work. now strap on a 24" bar

6. Sep 6, 2012 at 3:12 PM
    98cbtacoma

98cbtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Boerne, Texas
    Vehicle:
    98 PreRunner white
    Cobra cb and 3' cb antennas, headache rack, bed rails, blacked out logos. Goodyear wrangler tires. Second gen Tailgate badge. Hella 500 series black magic lights and 500 series lights on top, led brake and turn lights on my headache rack. Custom Bumpers i built myself.
    I use this stuff on weekends haha my truck usually has this or welding stuff in the bed

7. Jan 7, 2013 at 11:42 PM
    longstonec

longstonec Member

Member:
    Whistler British Columbia Canada
    Vehicle:
    4x4, 4cyl
    I have two of those, RUN FOREVER! hard starters though... prefer the 372

8. Jan 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM
    kcbmx

kcbmx doing my thing.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marco
    Bakersfield CaLiFoRnIa
    Vehicle:
    2tr-fe 4wd
    spit cup, weathertech floor mats, riffle rack, and bilsteins.
    Im a firm believer in stihl, its all we run im my crew. We work these saws hard enough that after one good fire season they are retired as project saws.I run a ms460 with a 28" bar semi skip chain and some mild porting.
    [​IMG]

9. Jan 8, 2013 at 12:17 AM
    01kingtaco

01kingtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kodiak
    Maui hawaii
    Vehicle:
    01 taco slightly modded
    Bigger tires, sound system, deck plate mod, fog light mod, straight pipe exhaust, blue led floor lights, ultragauge, 3 inch lift
    I have one stihl 260 smallest pro model made with the metal crank case vs. plastic 6 stihl 440s/044s ported and polished with big bore kits on them with 28 inch light weight bars and wrap around handle bars and one 460 bored out and polished with baffles removed has more crank power then a 660 but just a tad under 088 but a fraction of the weight that's has a 36 inch light weight bar. Love my saws.

Products Discussed in

To Top