Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

amaes's Tool Restoration Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #21
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Old 07-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #22
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
well done! looks like a fun hobby to get into.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #23
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, its pretty fun. I'm nervous with this Rockwell saw because I can't find anything on it online and there are a few things on it that I'm not really sure what they do. There is a specialty bolt store that repairs power tools and may go over there and see if they can tell me what some of the things are. I need some Copper Rivets from there anyways.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #24
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Finished this yesterday! and bought some more tools a few weeks back at a yard sale.

From old 50+ year old tackle box to awesome ice chest/lunch box. Made the internal boxes out of 22 gauge sheet metal. Insulated with a combo of Expanding foam and hard foam. the Foam edges will be sealed with silicon soon. Fully Lockable with original key

That's how I spent the 2nd half of my Friday!

Old 10-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #25
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Here are the tools I got for $13

Old 10-14-2012, 12:39 AM   #26
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
good luck with the rockwell saw, that looks like it'll be challenging. I can't wait to see how it'll turn out!
Old 10-14-2012, 01:17 AM   #27
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #29
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
No problem. I haven't been working on these much as of late. I did install a new 60 gal compressor in my garage. Soon I hope to have a real work bench and a sand blasting cabinet.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #30
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
I tend to just break stuff so I don't have much to contribute
but THIS guy has a great little blog of all the projects he undertakes

here is what he did with a floor jack he found at the scrap yard...

http://gordsgarage.wordpress.com/201...o-new-heights/
Old 02-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #31
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
That is a really cool site thank you for the link.

Also I just bought a Sandblasting cabinet and a 4'x4' welding table/work bench for $50 for the pair!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #32
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
UPDATES!

Today I spent some time Finishing up the Morgan Vise and then I mounted my Fuller to my new table.

Morgan:

Fuller Mounted:

Old 03-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #33
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
So I just realized I have two old bench vises in my shed that are in crappy shape. Not sure of the brands or anything. But I think I may go check them out in the morning and see if its worth restoring. How do you prefer to clean them up? I have a dremel and polishing/sanding tips but I feel like thats a little too small of a tool
Old 05-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #34
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd

Great inspiration here. I have a bunch of old tools that belonged to my grandfather. He was a shop foreman at American Hardware and The Stanley Works back in the day. I have a couple of his old vises that I have been using for years that would be great to restore in his memory.

Thanks for that.