Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

2nd gen double cab folding dog platform

Old 01-14-2013, 06:48 AM   #21
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
OP, I made a little spin on your idea:

I needed to be able to at least maintain some of my rear seat, at least enough to have one person sit in the back so I only use the larger portion of the seat for my dog-transport mod. I also didn't use the hard board. Mine is just indoor/outdoor carpeting cut to fit. The head rests keep it in place on the front and the seat latch and other protrusions keep the carpet in place on the back. I usually put his bed on top of that for longer trips. My behind the seat cubbies are always full so he can lean back against the stuff (tool bags, windshield washer fluid bottle, etc). The good thing about the way I did it, I can roll the carpet back and it stores behind the seat so I can have my full back seat in a matter of seconds, and no plywood to store. Your write-up gave me the inspiration though!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #22
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
looks good OP. Cool idea. I need to whip one up for my 1st gen
Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #23
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Glad this has helped a few of you!

I changed mine up the other day as well, let's see if I can explain this without pics.

I took apart the back and bottom pieces first. then i took out the cubbies in the back.
I used some washers and extended the seat bracket mounts a bit, so that I can now leave the back piece in, and I can still use the seat. the only thing I need to do now is add carpet tot he back of the seat, so that it's not the slippery plastic.

I'm going to get longer screws and better washers this week, as well as adding the carpet.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #25
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
just to give her something to lean against, or fall back against if she does fall.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #27

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you Steve! I'll let her know you said so :P
Old 07-06-2013, 04:30 AM   #28
00PowderSpecial is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
00PowderSpecial's Tacoma Gallery
I made one the other day, turned out great! Cost me $70 for all the materials and took me a couple hours, worst thing is everyone I show it off to wants one.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #29
old school
5280 is on a distinguished road

5280's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to see a happy & comfortable dog in a Taco! I did a similar mod in my 1st gen:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-platform.html

Old 07-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #30
Deathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Deathproofduck's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed. My wife saw this and want's me to make one for our Newfoundland mix.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:07 AM   #31
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud of

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
Chad, beautiful looking pups you got there! Is that a beagle mix in the foreground?

Nice puppy platform, by the way. I need to keep this in mind for the future.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #32
00PowderSpecial is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
00PowderSpecial's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah that's a beagle or a beagle mix. He's a great dog, just got him in May, he was at the local shelter. He loves the platform. Before he would go between the front and rear seats but now with the headrest in the way he'll stay in the back and sleep. They love going for drives.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:58 AM   #33
SlimBo84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimBo84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimBo84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimBo84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimBo84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimBo84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimBo84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimBo84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimBo84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimBo84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimBo84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Ryan
SlimBo84's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd!! Great idea! I have a camper shell on my truck but I don't like to make my mutt sit back there on long road trips. I will drop the back seats down but then I have to cover everything with blankets and his bed. I will make one of these as well! Then I can just throw his bed back there. Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-18-2013, 05:03 AM   #34
n2toyotas is on a distinguished road
Navy: Retired USN (Submarines)
n2toyotas's Tacoma Gallery
I have two Boxers and I love this idea. Also helps them to not slid around too
Old 12-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #35
Domreis is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Domreis's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks OP! Here is mine.

Cooper loves it, even though it may not look like it.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #36
HolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HolyHandGrenade's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, this is a great idea. We're looking at getting a rescue soon. I'll definitely do this. Nice work guys!
Old 12-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #37
HolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shed

As a matter of fact, it looks like I'll be doing this right away. This little guy came home with us tonight...

Oh, and I already sectioned off the crate and removed the pee pad. I did my research and realized we were doing it wrong!

Old 12-31-2013, 06:29 PM   #38

I had the day off, so I did my version of this today. I have a family, so giving up the entire back seat just isn't always an option.

I started with the OP's measurements and the tweaked the design to fit my needs. Basically just a two piece set up.

This way I can use either the big or the small side and have room for my Boy and my pooch.

He'll grow into it...

Here's my low budget solution to keep the back from falling. Ran out of time today. I'm going to come up with something better before I actually use this...

I'm going to put this up in the general 2nd Gen forum with a link to the OP's thread. I'm sure there are others who don't look at the garage section who could benefit.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #39
Li0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Captain
Name: Lionel
Li0nel1234's Tacoma Gallery
This is a great mod... I don't even have a dog. I bet a couple of carabiners would do the trick vice the bungee cord...
Old 12-31-2013, 07:02 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li0nel1234 View Post
This is a great mod... I don't even have a dog. I bet a couple of carabiners would do the trick vice the bungee cord...
Hey thanks. What's a carabiner?

EDIT: Just googled it. I tried that idea with a spring clip. When you pull the seat forward it turns on the seat catch and pulls through the hole in the plywood. I should've made the holes smaller...