Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

2nd gen double cab folding dog platform

Old 01-01-2014, 09:02 AM   #41
rainmakr is on a distinguished road

rainmakr's Tacoma Gallery
I built a platform similar to this a week or two ago.
It adds for more storage area and keeps my chocolcate lab "Penny" from sliding around. I did add some padding/insulation underneath the outdoor carpet to try and make it a little more comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails
2nd gen double cab folding dog platform-dog-bench.jpg  
Old 01-01-2014, 09:02 AM   #42
weazel is on a distinguished road

weazel's Tacoma Gallery
Just get some heavy duty Velcro apply it to the back
Old 01-01-2014, 06:38 PM   #43
HolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HolyHandGrenade's Tacoma Gallery
OK, so, I was WAY overthinking how to keep the backs from falling...

I used some scrap 3/4" plywood for the T's. That, and the carpet on both sides, made them just the right width to slide in easily while still being thick enough to keep the back panels from rattling.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:22 PM   #44
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHandGrenade View Post
OK, so, I was WAY overthinking how to keep the backs from falling...

I used some scrap 3/4" plywood for the T's. That, and the carpet on both sides, made them just the right width to slide in easily while still being thick enough to keep the back panels from rattling.
That's what I was going to recommend. Something like a tent spike or T. Looks great!
Old 02-03-2014, 09:08 AM   #45
Juniorbpd is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Juniorbpd's Tacoma Gallery
Just did this project over the weekend. Thanks for the idea!
Old 03-24-2014, 03:19 PM   #46
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
So my girlfriend and I just picked up this little guy. Can't wait to build him a puppy platform!

Old 04-09-2014, 10:56 AM   #47
dmk is on a distinguished road
dmk's Tacoma Gallery
So are y'all folding up behind the seat or just pull it out when not in use?
Old 04-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #48
HolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HolyHandGrenade's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk View Post
So are y'all folding up behind the seat or just pull it out when not in use?
I pull it out. I did see somewhere that one guy extended his seat anchors so he could leave it in.

Mine usually just in place. I have the pup back there more than people.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:37 AM   #49
Juniorbpd is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Juniorbpd's Tacoma Gallery
I take it out and put it in the bed under the tonneau and I just installed the pl5300 tailgate lock
Old 07-03-2014, 04:38 AM   #50
fla taco is on a distinguished road

fla taco's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd Great idea!!!!!
Old 08-02-2014, 05:43 PM   #51
ready6delta
ready6delta is on a distinguished road
Army: DRILL SGT
ready6delta's Tacoma Gallery
Subd awesome idea for dogs and or gear!
Old 09-03-2014, 05:49 AM   #53
SuperMoose is on a distinguished road
SuperMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Hey everyone, I'm looking at getting a Tacoma to replace my 04 Forester. One of my requirements for my next vehicle is that I'll be able to transport my dogs.

We adopted an American Bulldog who has a bit of a handicap as far as his ability to walk. He has arthritis and is bow legged in the front (vet thinks he was hit by a car and never fixed). Because of his inability to walk very far without getting tired, my girlfriend and I tow him in a little tikes wagon.

Her concern is that a Tacoma with 4 doors won't be big enough to put him and our english bulldog in for trips to the beach, etc.

I have only seen them in parking lots and haven't been to actually look at one yet so I don't know. Judging from the outside there appears to be enough room. His wagon would obviously go in the bed of the truck.

How much room are you guys getting from front to back with this modification you are doing? Is there enough for say a dog bed for my pup to curl up on while we go somewhere? Is it possible to remove the rear seats and just replace with a platform for the dogs? Would that create more room than the seats remaining installed?

Currently, I'm folding the rear seats in the forester down, packing the back half of the bay with our stuff and his wagon and the two dogs ride in front of the cargo. I don't have any good pictures of that set up unfortunately.

Here are some of the dog in question though. Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated and will help me decide if a Tacoma is even feasible.

Here he is getting ready for loading from this past weekend.

The two of them in the forester at some point...

Me towing the one dog and walking the other.