LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

2nd gen double cab folding dog platform

Old 01-01-2014, 09:02 AM   #41
rainmakr is on a distinguished road

rainmakr's Tacoma Gallery
I built a platform similar to this a week or two ago.
It adds for more storage area and keeps my chocolcate lab "Penny" from sliding around. I did add some padding/insulation underneath the outdoor carpet to try and make it a little more comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails
2nd gen double cab folding dog platform-dog-bench.jpg  
Old 01-01-2014, 09:02 AM   #42
weazel is on a distinguished road

weazel's Tacoma Gallery
Just get some heavy duty Velcro apply it to the back
Old 01-01-2014, 06:38 PM   #43
HolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyHandGrenade is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HolyHandGrenade's Tacoma Gallery
OK, so, I was WAY overthinking how to keep the backs from falling...

I used some scrap 3/4" plywood for the T's. That, and the carpet on both sides, made them just the right width to slide in easily while still being thick enough to keep the back panels from rattling.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:22 PM   #44
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHandGrenade View Post
OK, so, I was WAY overthinking how to keep the backs from falling...

I used some scrap 3/4" plywood for the T's. That, and the carpet on both sides, made them just the right width to slide in easily while still being thick enough to keep the back panels from rattling.
That's what I was going to recommend. Something like a tent spike or T. Looks great!
Old 02-03-2014, 09:08 AM   #45
Juniorbpd is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Juniorbpd's Tacoma Gallery
Just did this project over the weekend. Thanks for the idea!
Old 03-24-2014, 03:19 PM   #46
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud of

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
So my girlfriend and I just picked up this little guy. Can't wait to build him a puppy platform!

Old 04-09-2014, 10:56 AM   #47
dmk is on a distinguished road
dmk's Tacoma Gallery
So are y'all folding up behind the seat or just pull it out when not in use?