Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Tool Organization??

Old 06-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
jeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief 62 AMXS
Name: Drew
jeckel7234's Tacoma Gallery
Tool Organization??

How do you organzize your tools, ie wrenches and sockets. Ive got way to many sockets and wrench's and hate looking through them for a particular size, i really am not a fan of the socket metal clips or the wrench plastic holders with the slots they slide in. Just trying to see what other people do for some ideas
Old 06-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
Full metric and standard set incl deep sockets all organized with the rails with the metal clips. Works for me, and I can take a full rail of sockets with me under the truck or wherever when i dont know the exact size required. Also probably your cheapest option.
Ryan
Old 06-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
sockets i just neatly arrange in my tool chest drawer... same w/ wrenches - just put some rubber drawer liner in there, works great to keep them in place...

...another nice way to store wrenches is pegboard..
Old 06-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
mdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Chuck
mdcmn7's Tacoma Gallery
Wrenches have both a peg board and a drawer with liner

X2 for the rails with your sockets, they stay nice and organized in the drawer, you can grab one and have them all under the truck when u don't know the size, and you know when one is missing

I have an old craftsman socket set from many years ago that I cut out the tray from the plastic case and it fits perfectly in the drawer

Now keeping all the odd stuff organized is a different story
Old 06-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
I bought all my tools in sets that came in the plastic carry cases. One each for sockets and one for wrenches in both SAE and metric. I keep them like that in my tool chest drawer. A little bit of extra work to open the case every time, but easy to pick up the whole thing and take to wherever I work. Also easy to see if something is missing when I am done. Screw drivers, pliers, squares and some other commonly used tools are on a peg board above the work bench, so they are always within reach.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #6
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I've got trays but recently had to fit all my tools into just the top half of my box. So I had to compact everything.

I went to harbor freight and found plastic rails with plastic pieces with metal ball detents. I like them a lot better than the metal rails.

Also have, in the past, used foam and cut it out for all the tools with a razor and then laid them in the drawer stuffed in the foam. Works good with socket trays, but can also use the rails.

some of these look cool

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...socket-holders