LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Tool box organizer rant. (Rated R, Parents strongly cautioned)

Old 06-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #41
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
The price on the shelf said $9.99. I mentioned that to the employee, and he said that the items were in the wrong spot.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #42
aznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aznutx's Tacoma Gallery
hate companies in this case, sears, where they will buy that 20c draw liner and sell for 20$ because they can and people buy them, simple supply /demand
Old 06-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #43
The Ayatollah of Asshollah
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
....OK, lessons learned from this thread.......

When I meet Chris in person,

Be sure to admire his 'made in China' socket organizers, check.

Compare scars and crushed knuckles from automotive mishaps, check.

Praise Julie for continuing to love and put up with this guy, check.

Ask to borrow big Army truck for rampage through local town, check.

Ask for sure-fire ways to drive Curt bananas, check.

Claim that Arizona heat ain't shit, 'ya'll outta check out Death Valley', check.

Go to a Diamondbacks game sporting orange and black Giants gear, check.

Ask to hold the Ban Hammer just once, check.

Show off pics of Harbor Freight socket organizers, check.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #44
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The price on the shelf said $9.99. I mentioned that to the employee, and he said that the items were in the wrong spot.
Another mishap on Sears. They should have matched the price and then fixed they're shelf.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #45
HossNFross Per "Oz"
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
....OK, lessons learned from this thread.......

When I meet Chris in person,

Be sure to admire his 'made in China' socket organizers, check.

Compare scars and crushed knuckles from automotive mishaps, check.

Praise Julie for continuing to love and put up with this guy, check.

Ask to borrow big Army truck for rampage through local town, check.

Ask for sure-fire ways to drive Curt bananas, check.

Claim that Arizona heat ain't shit, 'ya'll outta check out Death Valley', check.

Go to a Diamondbacks game sporting orange and black Giants gear, check.

Ask to hold the Ban Hammer just once, check.

Show off pics of Harbor Freight socket organizers, check.
Forgot one--Invent steel toe'd flip flops for when he uses sawzall next to foot.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #46
jeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief 62 AMXS
Name: Drew
jeckel7234's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece...zer-68102.html

just bought these in metric and standard and there great so far, for $8 1/4",3/8", and 1/2", its kind of had to tell in the pic but each one has a row for standard sockets and a row for deep sockets. after i put everything in there i realized that i had about 6 10mm sockets and a bunch of other duplicates. The only thing you may have a problem with is the 1/2" tray is pretty long ill guess at about 21" so if you get all of them you do need atleast a decent size box
Old 06-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #47
The Ayatollah of Asshollah
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
Forgot one--Invent steel toe'd flip flops for when he uses sawzall next to foot.
Ah, yes, I'm sure there's more, just can't remember them off the top of my head.....oh yeah

Admire the oven install, check.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #48
HossNFross Per "Oz"
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Ah, yes, I'm sure there's more, just can't remember them off the top of my head.....oh yeah

Admire the oven install, check.
That was a good one too. I really thought he was going to electrocute himself.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #49
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
We had this discussion on the tool forum. Its actually hard to find USA made organizers. I personaly like the ones at Lowes for sockets because they lock is real nice.

As far as Hand tools made in the USA you still have few brands

Craftsmans Raised panel stuff and their pro line is made here. Chrome stuff isn't
Channellock
Armstrong - Copperstate has them in stock for a great price
Some Snap-On Stuff
and a lots of other brands

The HF organizers are nice for if you use your sockets every day.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #50
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...cessoriesmv=rr
Is this what you bought? Or just the crappy plastic one that comes with the small tool set.
EDIT: 6 pieces are included in this as I read it a second time.
Thats not the ones I got. Mine are like little bins....I'll shoot a pic later.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #51
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
Another mishap on Sears. They should have matched the price and then fixed they're shelf.
I told the guy that, and he just laughed, and moved the shit to a shelf that didnt have a price listed.

Quote:
I've never hit my feet with a saw.
Quote:
That was a good one too. I really thought he was going to electrocute himself.
me too.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
We had this discussion on the tool forum. Its actually hard to find USA made organizers. I personaly like the ones at Lowes for sockets because they lock is real nice.

As far as Hand tools made in the USA you still have few brands

Craftsmans Raised panel stuff and their pro line is made here. Chrome stuff isn't
Channellock
Armstrong - Copperstate has them in stock for a great price
Some Snap-On Stuff
and a lots of other brands

The HF organizers are nice for if you use your sockets every day.
I dont like the ones that lock my stuff down. I have my shit prtty much organized as to what part of the vehicle Im gonna work on, so I can just grab a handfull of stuff, throw it in my pocket, and have all the stuff I need at hand. For example, if Im gonna work on shocks, I grab all the shit from the "shock" bin. For spark plugs, I grab the stuff in the "Tune up" bin, etc. I pretty much have about 6 or 7 of each socket size, so its easier for me to organize that way. Then, for the extra sockets I have, I have those organized by size. Kinda the best of both worlds I guess. If Im gonna work on somthing Im not sure what I need, then I grab the box with the individual organized sockets. AND....many Stanley peices are still Made in USA.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #52
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
Here is another idea.....

Buy a bigger tool box.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #53
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
SO......My roll-A-way chest is in disaray. Solution: Get some dam organizers for it, so I dont have to search for 35 fucking mins. to find my 6mm 1/4" drive socket, or the like. Off to Sears we (Wife came along) go! We get to Sears, and I start looking at the bullshit drawer organizers they sell. I find my chest on the sales floor, and start matching up what ones would fit right. I find a 3 pack of thin plastic organizers that seem to fit nicely in one drawer. I tell Julie, "I'll try these out, and if I like them, I'll get more...". Off to the register we go. I have this dude ring me up, and he does the whole "is this all for you Sir?" bullshit. "Yes, thank you" I reply. "That will be twenty one eighty five...would you like a bag?" WHOA!!!!!!!!!!! WAIT ONE FUCKING MIN!!!!! TENTY FUCKING BUCKS FOR A BULLSHIT Plastic drawer organizer??? REALLY???? FUCK!......Wife tells me to get it. SO.....I do. I get to thinking about it more, as we're driving home, and I tell her "I bet these fucking things are made in China too...." She tells me not to even check....I do. And guess what?? THEY'RE MADE IN FUCKING CHINA! 20 FUCKING BUCKS FOR PLASTIC MADE IN CHINA DRAWER ORGANIZERS!!!??? HOW THE FUCK HAVE WE GOTTEN TO THE POINT, WHERE ITS MORE COST EFFECTIVE TO FARM OUT A FUCKING DRAW LINER THAT USES 20 CENTS OF PLASTIC TO CHINA!!!!!!!

AND......If its made in China....WHY IS IT TWENTY FUCKING BUCKS!!???

That is all....This rant is sponsered by FML. Makers of lifes biggest fucks........and by Toyota....'cause this is TW.....
u crack me up dude..... me being a mechnic that shits funny. even matco and snap on out source some shit too.....
Old 06-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipskip View Post
Here is another idea.....

Buy a bigger tool box.
Most of my chest set up is in storage, as I dont have the room for it without a garage. SO.......Im kinda stuck with what I have now, being as I live in a condo.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #55

This is the rganizer that I bent over for:

Attached Thumbnails
Tool box organizer rant. (Rated R, Parents strongly cautioned)-dscf0002.jpg  
Old 06-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #56
Kailey Jo will become famous soon enoughKailey Jo will become famous soon enough

Name: Liam
Kailey Jo's Tacoma Gallery

I do find it funny that a bunch of people from the arguable centre of Capitalism are very up in arms trying to enforce Mercantilism.

Why would you by a more expensive product, only because it was made closer it home?
Assuming comparable quality, the Chinese gear is so much cheaper to manufacture, they can even afford to ship it in and still cost less.
If you want homegrown products to be more appealing, produce them at a lower cost.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
u crack me up dude..... me being a mechnic that shits funny. even matco and snap on out source some shit too.....
Yeah, I understand that the lower line shit is outsourced, but c'mon...Drawer organizers?
Old 06-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #58
koco is on a distinguished road

koco's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone still believe that you get what you pay for? If a plastic tray costs $.20 to make and Sears sells it for $20, is that its real value? Those cheap products can be had elsewhere for a lot less. It's hard to imagine the huge profit margins of many major retail stores on that kind of product.

The store room at Sears looks like a Chinese ship's cargo hold. Not to worry too much about the whole situation because someday it will become necessary to start manufacturing more of our own products again.

Socket rails are good because you can take the whole thing instead of making many trips to the toolbox, and you can see if any are missing.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #59
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
Prices are on the shelf. Prices are also sometimes on the item. There should be no surprise at the register.

Lesson:look at the fuckin prices before you get pissed off. I've worked in retail and that shit gets old, is uncalled for, and is plain rude.

I agree it's over priced for China made crap.
I was going to say that but Chris explains below.

Quote:
Ask for manager and push the point. If it was legitimately in the wrong place they should have honored. it is not your fault it was in the wrong place.
Quote:
This is the rganizer that I bent over for:

Interesting. I got mine from Harbor Freight but they are different. How does this thing help you organize? Just curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailey Jo View Post

I do find it funny that a bunch of people from the arguable centre of Capitalism are very up in arms trying to enforce Mercantilism.

Why would you by a more expensive product, only because it was made closer it home?
Assuming comparable quality, the Chinese gear is so much cheaper to manufacture, they can even afford to ship it in and still cost less.
If you want homegrown products to be more appealing, produce them at a lower cost.
You are on the tip of what drives the economy as a world economy. Without competition in the economic world would be stale. Buying "American" would triple in price without competition.

Unfortunately working in an industry that deals with products from China I have seen many changes. China is now dealing with global pressure to be more concerned about the environment. They are slowly and I mean very slowly reducing emissions, creating labor unions, and so on. All at a cost. China has also realized that the US has become dependent on good produced there and are realizing they can charge more. But so long as they keep the edge even within pennies they are still winning the competition.

Found out last year the Craftsman products are junk now. No longer is the long standing name Craftsman product exclusively at Sears mean anything. Harbor Freight is just as good now for most things. Not all but most.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
Interesting. I got mine from Harbor Freight but they are different. How does this thing help you organize? Just curious.
All my tools wrenches, sockets, screw drivers, etc., are loose in my drawers. This helps me keep shit in place, so it doesnt get burried, and I have to search for it.