Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Tool box organizer rant. (Rated R, Parents strongly cautioned)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #61
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
So far, I have 2 drawers done:

Attached Thumbnails
Tool box organizer rant. (Rated R, Parents strongly cautioned)-dscf0001.jpg   Tool box organizer rant. (Rated R, Parents strongly cautioned)-dscf0002.jpg  
Old 07-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #62
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Cool^^^. I have a similar setup.
I also used old silwerware organizers that I had laying around.

For the walls I found these canvas pouches thingies on sale at K-mart. Very durable and they work better than peg boards.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #63
Conservative
Executive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Executive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
SO......My roll-A-way chest is in disaray. Solution: Get some dam organizers for it, so I dont have to search for 35 fucking mins. to find my 6mm 1/4" drive socket, or the like. Off to Sears we (Wife came along) go! We get to Sears, and I start looking at the bullshit drawer organizers they sell. I find my chest on the sales floor, and start matching up what ones would fit right. I find a 3 pack of thin plastic organizers that seem to fit nicely in one drawer. I tell Julie, "I'll try these out, and if I like them, I'll get more...". Off to the register we go. I have this dude ring me up, and he does the whole "is this all for you Sir?" bullshit. "Yes, thank you" I reply. "That will be twenty one eighty five...would you like a bag?" WHOA!!!!!!!!!!! WAIT ONE FUCKING MIN!!!!! TENTY FUCKING BUCKS FOR A BULLSHIT Plastic drawer organizer??? REALLY???? FUCK!......Wife tells me to get it. SO.....I do. I get to thinking about it more, as we're driving home, and I tell her "I bet these fucking things are made in China too...." She tells me not to even check....I do. And guess what?? THEY'RE MADE IN FUCKING CHINA! 20 FUCKING BUCKS FOR PLASTIC MADE IN CHINA DRAWER ORGANIZERS!!!??? HOW THE FUCK HAVE WE GOTTEN TO THE POINT, WHERE ITS MORE COST EFFECTIVE TO FARM OUT A FUCKING DRAW LINER THAT USES 20 CENTS OF PLASTIC TO CHINA!!!!!!!

AND......If its made in China....WHY IS IT TWENTY FUCKING BUCKS!!???

That is all....This rant is sponsered by FML. Makers of lifes biggest fucks........and by Toyota....'cause this is TW.....
I give that a 6.5 out of 10 on the Rant-O-Meter.

Tool organization is a journey, not a destination. Just when you think you have a place for everything and everything in its place, you get a new tool which needs a new place.

The single best organizing device I have seen is the $10.00 Harbor Freight wrench organizer.

http://www.harborfreight.com/76-piec...zer-46884.html

This will get you started. It works and its cheap. And it does not break my number one rule when buying stuff at HF. Never buy anything from HF with moving parts.

Your next buy should be this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece...ers-99717.html

This will get all your sockets where they belong and make them easier to find. Cost: $15.00

If you're going to buy Chi-com crap, at least get it from the mothership and don't pay too much for it. I'm pissed at Sears because so much of the Craftsman line is now manufactured offshore.

As for the $0.20 worth of plastic you paid over $20.00 for? Call it a learning experience and move on.

OH, and thanks for all the great posts and information I have read from you here on TW.

Chris
Old 07-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #64
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executive View Post
I give that a 6.5 out of 10 on the Rant-O-Meter.

Tool organization is a journey, not a destination. Just when you think you have a place for everything and everything in its place, you get a new tool which needs a new place.

The single best organizing device I have seen is the $10.00 Harbor Freight wrench organizer.

http://www.harborfreight.com/76-piec...zer-46884.html

This will get you started. It works and its cheap. And it does not break my number one rule when buying stuff at HF. Never buy anything from HF with moving parts.

Your next buy should be this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece...ers-99717.html

This will get all your sockets where they belong and make them easier to find. Cost: $15.00

If you're going to buy Chi-com crap, at least get it from the mothership and don't pay too much for it. I'm pissed at Sears because so much of the Craftsman line is now manufactured offshore.

As for the $0.20 worth of plastic you paid over $20.00 for? Call it a learning experience and move on.

OH, and thanks for all the great posts and information I have read from you here on TW.

Chris

Thanks for the links! I have my sockets organixed for now, until I can get a garage and build my tool cabinet/chest, so I will keep those links handy!
Old 07-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #65
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
i recommend these little doodads..they are great for socket storage, magnetic strips on the back allows you to stick em most anywhere. makes for finding a socket fast without digging through the pile...can be found at Sears, Low's, K-Mart, any tool truck, e-bay blah blah blah..

Old 07-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
i recommend these little doodads..they are great for socket storage, magnetic strips on the back allows you to stick em most anywhere. makes for finding a socket fast without digging through the pile...can be found at Sears, Low's, K-Mart, any tool truck, e-bay blah blah blah..

Look at the first pic I posted. See those shiney cylinder looking things on the left? In the little plastic organizer things?
Old 07-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #67
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Look at the first pic I posted. See those shiney cylinder looking things on the left? In the little plastic organizer things?
i was looking pile of shiny cylinder looking things in the middle trays how long will it take to find a particular socket in those piles of frustration

Old 07-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #68
Native Son
Cape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
Cape Codder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
SO............."I bet these fucking things are made in China too.... And guess what?? THEY'RE MADE IN FUCKING CHINA! 20 FUCKING BUCKS FOR PLASTIC MADE IN CHINA DRAWER ORGANIZERS!!!??? HOW THE FUCK HAVE WE GOTTEN TO THE POINT, WHERE ITS MORE COST EFFECTIVE TO FARM OUT A FUCKING DRAW LINER THAT USES 20 CENTS OF PLASTIC TO CHINA!!!!!!!

AND......If its made in China....WHY IS IT TWENTY FUCKING BUCKS!!???
Shipping & Handling

My ears hurt

CC
Old 07-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #69
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

THIS!! LOVE mine!! all my metric are one. need 1 for 1/4,1/2 and 3/8 drive standard tho. i got mine at sears. i am pretty OCD about my tools. like everything to match and be nice and neat.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #70

Quote:
i was looking pile of shiny cylinder looking things in the middle trays how long will it take to find a particular socket in those piles of frustration

I dont use those.....I use the ones on the left
Old 07-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #71
g34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Avionics
g34rh34d's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=TNDrew;5283483]
Quote:
WTF Kind of pussy hurts their fucking hand turning a wrench??? /QUOTE]

Thank you for the addition to the sig!
DAMN!! Beat me to it!! LOL

Old 08-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #72
philpatton is on a distinguished road
Navy: RNMCB-25 /2RNCR
Name: Phil
philpatton's Tacoma Gallery
Zac808 gave you some good advice about HF. Also check e-bay.

There are different styles for socket holders. The metal "sticks" can sometimes have sharp edges and cut like a knife.

If your drawers are deep enough you might look at the block style socke holder. They are marked to show the sizes of the sockets, which can be a big help.

Wrench holders work pretty good but will sometimes allow the wrenches to shake out of the holder if you move your tool box around. To solve this problem get some heavy duty Velcro and run a strip from the bottom to the top on the front side.

Depending on how deep the stamping is on the sockets and wrenches you might spray a light coat of black paint and then when it dries take some 0000 steel wool to remove the excess. The objective is to leave the paint that filled in the stamping.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #73
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Only cheap stuff from Snap On. HAHAHA They have some nice and cheap socket rails I use them for sockets in my tool box..they work excellently

Guess yall could use the link eh? http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/tools...e=snapon-store

2 265A(1/4in)
2 269A(3/8in) There is a typo on the product page..messaged them about it..i got 2 of these for free cause I thought I was getting 1/4in..DERP lol
2 270A(1/2in)

$16 good for 24 1/4in, 24 3/8in, and 30 1/2in sockets
Old 11-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #74
You Know We Can't Do This All Day!!!
MTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud of

MTBerJim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So far, I have 2 drawers done:

Wow dude, that's organized? At a minim at least put those sockets on socket rails. If I kept my tools like that, I'd never get anything done.

Products Discussed in this Thread