Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Trying to ID this thing

Old 07-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to ID this thing

Any old (or young) carpenters out there collect antique tools ??

I have never seen a hand drill like this one, you can really lean into your work , notice the small blue circle, its got a little U joint there.. really bizzarre....

Old 07-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
It's called a corner brace drill. Imagine trying to drill into a baseboard ( the bottom trim board of a wall ) using the regular hand drill of that type. you would never be able to drill straight in because of the swing of the handle. They made ratcheting types for that,until someone thought of this design.

Search corner brace drill in google and you'll find all kinds of info on them and what they were used for/are worth.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Any old (or young) carpenters out there collect antique tools ??

I have never seen a hand drill like this one, you can really lean into your work , notice the small blue circle, its got a little U joint there.. really bizzarre....

What you were so old when this was invented you don't remember?!?!?
Old 07-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack

cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Lol Doug showing us a tool from his childhood
Old 07-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #5
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
What you were so old when this was invented you don't remember?!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Lol Doug showing us a tool from his childhood

The only tools in this thread are you guys......
Old 07-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by F75gunslinger View Post
It's called a corner brace drill. Imagine trying to drill into a baseboard ( the bottom trim board of a wall ) using the regular hand drill of that type. you would never be able to drill straight in because of the swing of the handle. They made ratcheting types for that,until someone thought of this design.

Search corner brace drill in google and you'll find all kinds of info on them and what they were used for/are worth.

Thanks Christian, I'd a never figured this one out... Good info....
Old 07-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #7
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack

cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
The only tools in this thread are you guys......
Well, if i hadn't made a comment like that, I feel you would have been disappointed in me for not taking the opportunity
Old 07-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #8
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Well, if i hadn't made a comment like that, I feel you would have been disappointed in me for not taking the opportunity
Well absolutely i woulda been bummed if it weren't for a cheap shot bro'....