Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Pretty sure I found a good deal

Old 07-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sure I found a good deal

So I was looking for a tool chest on craigslist and came across the harbor freight US general red roll around one for $200. I can't find this certain model on their web site but I'm sure its relatively close to $200. It was a short one line description and said

Quote:
Nearly new tool chest, most tools are craftsman
so I texted him and confirmed it came with the tools and he said yes.

It had two sets of the craftsman ratchet wrenches! I looked them up and they're nearly 50 for each set. That plus all the other tools, some harbor freight and other random ones...even got another torque wrench

I think I got a good deal

Attached Thumbnails
Pretty sure I found a good deal-photo-1-.jpg   Pretty sure I found a good deal-photo.jpg   Pretty sure I found a good deal-photo-3-.jpg   Pretty sure I found a good deal-photo-2-.jpg  
Old 07-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
Rubber Side Down
Glocker23 is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Glocker23's Tacoma Gallery
I would say so. Was this an online deal or local store pickup
Old 07-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
quit bragging!!!

Better yet brag all you want that's a great deal!!!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
Tacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacolover443's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a good deal, but I wouldn't expect them to last as long as the more expensive tools. My brother (whose a mechanic) has some HF specials and loves them but he mostly has snap-on stuff that is practically bulletproof. If your not a mechanic and just a weekend moding type person I say jump on that!!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocker23 View Post
craigslist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
quit bragging!!!

Better yet brag all you want that's a great deal!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacolover443 View Post
Sounds like a good deal, but I wouldn't expect them to last as long as the more expensive tools. My brother (whose a mechanic) has some HF specials and loves them but he mostly has snap-on stuff that is practically bulletproof. If your not a mechanic and just a weekend moding type person I say jump on that!!

I thought craftsman was a good brand (the ratchet wrenches are all craftsman, not HF. Those are what I was most excited about)
Old 07-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
spins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
spins615's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocker23 View Post
Craigslist Harbor Freight didnt sell this to him..some random guy did.

I'd say thats a pretty good deal..
Old 07-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #7
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
That's a good deal for all those tools. Not sure about the tool box but hey, it's almost free with those wrenches and other tools.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #8
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
I agree..I wasn't planning on getting a HF tool chest, but the tools made it a done deal..I could always resell the chest and get a better one if I need more room
Old 07-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #9
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a good deal to me.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
philpatton is on a distinguished road
Navy: RNMCB-25 /2RNCR
Name: Phil
philpatton's Tacoma Gallery
There is nothing wrong with the heavy duty tool boxes that HF sells. The ones that I've looked at had drawers with roller bearing.

Compare them to the ones that are sold at Sears, Lowes, Home Depot and I think that you will like the value that they represent.