Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Fitting my bike in a shed....need your help

Old 07-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Fitting my bike in a shed....need your help

I keep my bike (bicycle) outside on my patio, and I just bought a shed to protect it from the elements. The problem is, the bike only fits in the shed in a weird position, with the front wheel off. I would like to get a bigger shed, but the next size up won't fit on my patio. The bike will fit standing up, but I have no way of keeping it in an upright position. Also, there aren't many accessories available for this shed, so i can't just get a bike mount and install it. I am wondering if you guys have an idea on how I can fit the bike in the shed without it being a huge hassle, and also so i can have some extra space for a few misc. items. Here's a pic so you can see how it fits. thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Fitting my bike in a shed....need your help-bike.jpg  
Old 07-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
I hope you got a big trunk....cause im going to put my bike in it.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskie View Post
I keep my bike (bicycle) outside on my patio, and I just bought a shed to protect it from the elements. The problem is, the bike only fits in the shed in a weird position, with the front wheel off. I would like to get a bigger shed, but the next size up won't fit on my patio. The bike will fit standing up, but I have no way of keeping it in an upright position. Also, there aren't many accessories available for this shed, so i can't just get a bike mount and install it. I am wondering if you guys have an idea on how I can fit the bike in the shed without it being a huge hassle, and also so i can have some extra space for a few misc. items. Here's a pic so you can see how it fits. thanks.
How about something like this?
http://svana.org/sjh/diary/2009/03/22/

Put two slats on the wall. Slip the front wheel between them to keep the handlebars straight.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #4
LRB is on a distinguished road

Name: Lance
LRB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
I hope you got a big trunk....cause im going to put my bike in it.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
my neck hurts.

cant you put a hook in the ceiling and simply hang it up by the front wheel? stab a hole in the roof, silicon it up after you insert a hook.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
Policy Ninja
tango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
tango down's Tacoma Gallery
i've parked a bike in an airplane hanger before

and I have seen some buddies swings bats in a morton building after throwing a hotdog down a hallway, but I don't think i can help with this.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #7
TMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the rough
Name: Tom
TMW's Tacoma Gallery
I would do a hook thru the roof attached to a board for added support or strength and then hang front wheel in it.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #8
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
what about mounting one of those fist or fast clamps that a lot of guys on here use to mount shovels and stuff. but mount it on the side of the shed to hold the handle bars?
Old 10-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #10
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
I just saw this thread had some more comments. Thanks for the help gents. I actually ended up selling it, because the bike fit, but it was way too much of a pain in the ass. Had to take off both wheels. My first thought was to hang it from the roof, but that wouldn't have worked. I am going to pick up a bigger shed soon and just put it in there.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #11
Robo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to behold
Law Enforcement: Deputy
Robo02cop's Tacoma Gallery
Keep the shed and trade the bike for a unicycle!!! Problem solved