Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Rubberized my Toolbox....

Old 07-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
lowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Phillip
lowcountrytj's Tacoma Gallery
Rubberized my Toolbox....

I wanted a black tool box , but not the black box price
Anyways I purchased a Kobalt from Lowes a few weeks ago and decided to see if this product is what it is ....
"Outlast Rubber coating"

Original

Scuffed with Scotchbrite

Taped off

Sprayed with 2 cans

Closeup on finish

Finished product...Dried to touch in about 1 hour 98 degrees

I will probably apply another coat when I get more and post how it holds up.
I did not use a self etching primer due to the product states it adheres to aluminum well. We will see.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #3
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good!
Old 07-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #4
lowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Thanks guys!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #5
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
agree - turned out good!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #6
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed. Let us know if it starts to peel?
Old 07-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #8
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got the same toolbox and i did mine in the spray on bedliner

Looks good though OP
Old 07-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #9

Army:
Thanks....I will def let yall know. I purchased the spray from our local rep(at work).
I am getting more and spraying my 4 wheelers in different locations. Also in my Fisher Aluminum boat in different spots. Will keep yall updated...thanks again Phillip
Old 07-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #10
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Sharp!
Old 07-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #11
1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
1bad10tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job. Did the spray come from Lowes too?
Old 07-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #12

Army:
Thanks...
1bad...the spray came from our Lawson Rep at work. He did a cool show and tell where he sprayed it into a plastic water bottle(inside). Once it dried he took the water bottle and twisted it almost flat and the product never split ,cracked or anything.I was impressed. I am usually VERY skeptical when it comes to saleman(no offense) but I was impressed. Now I will see how it holds up to the elements here in South Ga....more to come.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #13

Army:
Ok, since July last year in the sun and South Georgia weather and a newer truck I finally got around to spraying my box again and my report. Pics speak for themselves. I am happy with how it has stayed adhered and not flaked off....

Dried...
Old 03-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #14

Army:
After 24 hour's after re-spraying it really looks good. This stuff really adhered well in the beginning. It never peeled or flaked. It did fade which is to be expected ...It takes a severe beating in the sun and weather around here. I am impressed.
If you guys are interested, I can get this stuff straight from the rep. I be glad to hook anyone up with this product. If interested let me know. Just passing it along.