Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Broke my brothers socket wrench box

Old 08-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #21
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgarvey View Post
Why buy a new set when the one he has works fine. That is unless he wants a set of his own.
donít think OP wants new set. just something up put the tools in. the box is broke and wont hold them, so he needs something new to put them in.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #22
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgarvey View Post
Why buy a new set when the one he has works fine. That is unless he wants a set of his own.
Because he broke the set his brother owns while it was in his possession. Even if he only broke the box... If he can't find a replacement box, The courteous thing to do would be to replace what you break with something new. Not to mention...If you are the constant "borrower" of the socket set, then you need to buy a set of your own.

Personally I hate having to borrow things from people. If I need to borrow something from someone more than once, I'll go out and buy my own.

I had a roomate in the past who would borrow my tools to work on his car and he would never clean them before he put them back, or he wouldn't put them back in the places he found them (I keep my tool chest organized so I know where everything is) and it drove me nuts. After repeatedly asking him to clean them and put them back where he found them and him still not doing so, I locked up my tool chest when I wasn't home and he got the hint to go buy his own tools.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #23
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
you can buy just the injection molded cases at sears

FYI

Justin
Old 08-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #24
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Go buy him a new set and keep his.
lol nah, he really likes that set (one of the first sets he bought a VERY long time ago when he started working on his first ride himself. Dont' want to ruin that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Dan View Post
this or find the brand name, and email the company to see if you can order just the replacement plastic box. heck some will give you one for free

I wish but I can't find the set anymore, I know it's Stanley (imprinted on there lol), but not sure if they will do any of that either since it's more than ... 12 yrs. old I think.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #25
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
i know what you mean. if iím going some where(use to go to the race track with dirt bike) i take just the top part to my chest, would just put it in the bed of the truck. you could maybe just get a top pice and set in on the floor or a shel/work bench. has all my 1/4 and 3/8s drive sockets in it, screw drivers and other tools. i would go to sears or some where and see if you find something you like.
went to Sears and didn't really find anything compact like the original. he's not extremely working on his ride BUT knows how to and all. He's more of a tech geek (also it's his main job - secondary is EMT). So he mainly does small things here and there to his vehicles when he can/needs to. Anything requiring a shop he goes to one.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #26
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
with a soldering iron and some extra pastic, you can melt the hinge back together. did it to my torque wrench container that was made the same way.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Dan View Post
or throw it all in a cardboard box with an IOU note and give it to him. worked in Dumb and Dumber.
.... he's not dumb ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherian View Post
Find a slim pelican box and foam it cut foam to fit pieces done. Course since it is your brother who will win the fight might be worth the butt whipping you might get ? LOL Other then that you could get a small box and get the magnetic socket racks or cheap formed metal ones stick the sockets on that and only have to foam a few things .. A million ways to do it just how much money , time etc do you want to spend.

Cypher
I like this idea A LOT, small compact and ready for on the go if need be. I was thinking of getting some of those track things. now the hard part is thinking of how to label the sockets so that he doesn't have to keep them a certain way or what have you just to know what socket he is getting. I'm going to see about hitting up an army surplus spot or something to see if they might have anything like that, hoping it'll be large enough to fit all the pieces.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by My68ur8trd View Post
you can buy just the injection molded cases at sears

FYI

Justin
so I Googled this ... looks VERY expensive. like one of them cases that's in the action movies all the time. Still it looks SICK!!
Old 08-27-2012, 03:42 AM   #30
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
so I Googled this ... looks VERY expensive. like one of them cases that's in the action movies all the time. Still it looks SICK!!

i bought black plastic one, just like they come it with the sets. I think is was 14 bucks. I got it at sears.

Just stop by and check them out. They are pretty cheap.

Justin
Old 08-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by My68ur8trd View Post
i bought black plastic one, just like they come it with the sets. I think is was 14 bucks. I got it at sears.

Just stop by and check them out. They are pretty cheap.

Justin
going to do that tomorrow when I do some recon for a client. hopefully he likes it and is able to carry it around like he used to when he needs to.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #32
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Check a pawn shop to see if they have the same set. Buy it, put his in it and keep the set from the pawn shop. Problem solved.