Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Broke my brothers socket wrench box

Old 08-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #1
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Broke my brothers socket wrench box

The other day when I was working on my truck, my friend fell on the socket wrench box and broke it where it hinges. The box is plastic and well was pretty much on it's last leg imo. So I need to find me a way to keep my brother socket wrench set complete (I was thinking took box but all the sockets will be out of order and bobbling all over the place). Any ideas on how to keep the set in order for when he needs to use it?
Old 08-23-2012, 11:29 PM   #3
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i say maybe small tool chest. i have a full one. but my like 180 or 200+ set stay fin as long as my dad and brother put my stuff back. i find them using stuff and not putting back where i put it. now i just keep it locked.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
true, but I would like to keep it small and portable. I'm one of the ones that uses this set the most but he likes it due to it's portability. He hates clunky large boxes. Want to keep it as smaller/compact as possible.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Go buy him a new set and keep his.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
this or find the brand name, and email the company to see if you can order just the replacement plastic box. heck some will give you one for free
Old 08-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #7
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i know what you mean. if i’m going some where(use to go to the race track with dirt bike) i take just the top part to my chest, would just put it in the bed of the truck. you could maybe just get a top pice and set in on the floor or a shel/work bench. has all my 1/4 and 3/8s drive sockets in it, screw drivers and other tools. i would go to sears or some where and see if you find something you like.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
This is the best macgyver could come up with?
Old 08-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #9
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

or throw it all in a cardboard box with an IOU note and give it to him. worked in Dumb and Dumber.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #10
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
The other day when I was working on my truck, my friend fell on the socket wrench box and broke it where it hinges. The box is plastic and well was pretty much on it's last leg imo. So I need to find me a way to keep my brother socket wrench set complete (I was thinking took box but all the sockets will be out of order and bobbling all over the place). Any ideas on how to keep the set in order for when he needs to use it?
Find a slim pelican box and foam it cut foam to fit pieces done. Course since it is your brother who will win the fight might be worth the butt whipping you might get ? LOL Other then that you could get a small box and get the magnetic socket racks or cheap formed metal ones stick the sockets on that and only have to foam a few things .. A million ways to do it just how much money , time etc do you want to spend.

Cypher
Old 08-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #11
GO VOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Dan View Post
or throw it all in a cardboard box with an IOU note and give it to him. worked in Dumb and Dumber.
so you calling him and his brother dumb and dumber?
Old 08-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery

These work well. Google "Socket Organizer". My dad as a Mac tools one and they work well to keep sockets in order and secure.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #13
Taqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennan
Taqoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post

These work well. Google "Socket Organizer". My dad as a Mac tools one and they work well to keep sockets in order and secure.
pretty sure you can find these at any Home Depot or Lowes, etc. should be easy to find
Old 08-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #14
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
just grab something small and simple like this...$25 at sears

Broke my brothers socket wrench box-tool.jpg
Old 08-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #15
jcgarvey is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
jcgarvey's Tacoma Gallery

A tool box with something like this to hold the sockets works well, these run about $10-15 depending on brand.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
so you calling him and his brother dumb and dumber?
idk lol i wonder which ones Harry and which one is Lloyd?
Old 08-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #17

honestly you can buy an inexpensive decent new set at lowes or home depot, a small set like that for $25-30
Old 08-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #18
ckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Cam
ckblum's Tacoma Gallery
I'll snap a pic of my set for work. If you wanna be real organized, get those socket rails, shadow them in a metal socket box with the ratchets and other accessories shadowed in. Simple, fairly cheap, saves time and you always know what tools are missing.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #19
jcgarvey is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
jcgarvey's Tacoma Gallery
Why buy a new set when the one he has works fine. That is unless he wants a set of his own.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:00 PM   #20
GO VOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Dan View Post
idk lol i wonder which ones Harry and which one is Lloyd?
idk lets ask... OP please answer this! thank you.