Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Wood Heat Thread ~ post pics

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #361
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Honestly as long as they're not really ditsy they'll be fine. It's not like the air around the stove is cool, we had a thermometer 5 feet from our stove that would regularly top 120*F.
That's true. I'm more worried about our current dog. Can't teach an old dog new tricks. I guess we'll have to find a way to get him to realize that it is really hot when we get a home. I'm not so worried about future dogs since they'll grow up around the stove and realize it's hot.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #362
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Pets won't get hurt, they know better. Our cats would lay in front of the stove and get hot to the touch but they like that
One of my cats would rub against the handle of the door with his face , occasionally singe his tail on the glass and sleep so close to the stove you couldn't touch him because he was too hot
Old 10-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #363
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
One of my cats would rub against the handle of the door with his face , occasionally singe his tail on the glass and sleep so close to the stove you couldn't touch him because he was too hot
Ouch. I probably wouldn't get one with a glass unless I could keep the pets away. I love the glass since you can see how the wood is burning and adds a cozy effect, but the glass gets really hot. I burned the heck out of my finger on the glass on our gas wood stove in our living room after it was on for only 10 minutes.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #364
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
Ouch. I probably wouldn't get one with a glass unless I could keep the pets away. I love the glass since you can see how the wood is burning and adds a cozy effect, but the glass gets really hot. I burned the heck out of my finger on the glass on our gas wood stove in our living room after it was on for only 10 minutes.
He never got hurt , he would just singe his hair , he wouldn't even move while his tail was smoking , freaking stunk too , haha , I miss my little buddy
Old 10-07-2013, 11:11 PM   #365
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
He never got hurt , he would just singe his hair , he wouldn't even move while his tail was smoking , freaking stunk too , haha , I miss my little buddy
Haha, I bet it did stink. And I'm sorry to hear that..
Old 10-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #366

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha, I bet it did stink. And I'm sorry to hear that..
It's OK , he had a long , happy life
Old 10-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #368
Merry Christmas, Ya Filthy Animal...
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
To be fair, if there wasn't any glass than whatever was in its place would get just as hot as the glass does. You (or your dog) might even be more likely to burn yourself, since you couldn't see at a glance what the fire was doing. It seems like I burn myself more frequently on our wood cookstove (no glass in the door) than I do on the Hearthstone cellar monster (glass in the door).
Of course, the fact that the door on the Hearthstone is roughly 18x28, and the door on the cookstove is a mere 8x8 might also have something to do with it.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #369

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I always get myself on the top of my hands from the underside of the top of the door opening , haha
Old 10-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #370
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I always get myself on the top of my hands from the underside of the top of the door opening , haha
That's where I get myself with the cookstove. When I get burned on the Hearthstone, it's always on the tops of my forearms.
And then I get funny-looking tan lines on my arms during the following summer
Old 10-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #371
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Both, my wife and I get the expanded metal "tattoos" on the backs of our hands every winter!
Old 10-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #372

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Wood Heat Thread ~ post pics

Picked up this handy little multi tool designed for chainsaws

The literature states it will work for every major brand of modern saws available

The Topsaw Ultimate Power Saw Tool

Includes :

1 ) T27 Torx
2 ) T25 Torx
3 ) 4 MM Ball Hex
4 ) Large Slotted screwdriver
5 ) Small Slotted Screwdriver
6 ) Bar Groove Cleaning Tool
7 ) 10 MM Socket
8 ) 19 MM Socket
9 ) 13 MM Socket
10 ) 16 MM Socket
11 ) 21 MM Socket
12 ) Saw File Handle

Includes a nylon sheath with a belt loop

This thing is awesome , the only tool not included is the saw file itself but there is a spot to insert the file to use the tool as a handle during filing

No more losing all the assorted little tools I keep with my saw

Old 10-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #373
guitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zach
guitarjamman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by udy2554 View Post
Both, my wife and I get the expanded metal "tattoos" on the backs of our hands every winter!

Nothing like the pellet stove burns while dumping in a fresh bag
Old 10-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #374
Dizo is on a distinguished road
Name: Oliver
Dizo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Picked up this handy little multi tool designed for chainsaws

The literature states it will work for every major brand of modern saws available

The Topsaw Ultimate Power Saw Tool

Includes :

1 ) T27 Torx
2 ) T25 Torx
3 ) 4 MM Ball Hex
4 ) Large Slotted screwdriver
5 ) Small Slotted Screwdriver
6 ) Bar Groove Cleaning Tool
7 ) 10 MM Socket
8 ) 19 MM Socket
9 ) 13 MM Socket
10 ) 16 MM Socket
11 ) 21 MM Socket
12 ) Saw File Handle

Includes a nylon sheath with a belt loop

This thing is awesome , the only tool not included is the saw file itself but there is a spot to insert the file to use the tool as a handle during filing

No more losing all the assorted little tools I keep with my saw
Very nice! I restored two Husqvarna 365's (an '02 Special and '12 X-Torque) this summer that had been run with watery straight gas for two tanks before they both had piston failures. While they're trying to reduce the number of tools you need for field service I still find I need 6+ separate tools in the bush which I inevitably loose.

Where'd you pick that up? Looks like a Princess Auto deal?

Old 10-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #377

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
That's awesome
Old 10-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
So is this.
That's actually more awesome. I like the way the tree looks a lot better, but the guy's leaving his wood out to get rained on...
The guy with the owl at least has the sense to put his under cover!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #380
motorcycle07 is on a distinguished road
motorcycle07's Tacoma Gallery
I promised some pictures of my wood wagon . For the wagon I took an old hay rack and made removable sides. I do most of my cutting in fence rows so I wanted something I could drag out to where I am cutting and leave until it is full. In the pictures the wagon has some mulberry on it that was blown down into a week old soybean field. Soybeans came out recently, time to get the wood. Talk about miserable sawing though. Cutting while wearing an extra 10lbs of mud on your feet and trying to avoid crushing anymore soybeans than have been already and it is hot a humid out.
Attached Thumbnails
Wood Heat Thread ~ post pics-p101313_0908.jpg   Wood Heat Thread ~ post pics-p101313_0908b.jpg   Wood Heat Thread ~ post pics-p101313_0909.jpg  

Products Discussed in this Thread