Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Garage & Workshop BS Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #41
POINT ONE %ER
Dirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dirty Pool's Tacoma Gallery
Here are a few ideas.
Solid core doors for bench tops.
Peg board panels framed in poplar to match the bench tops and some of the machine bases. Unseen inside the panels are 1/2" vertical stringers on 6" centers, glued to both the luan "back" and the peg board. The frame has multiple internal rabbits like a picture frame to support the inset back and peg board. No warps or bends with the heaviest loads.

45x25 with segregated shop bay, half bath, walk in storage, heat and AC

Shop bay

R2D2 (ShopVac) sporting dual directionally tunable exhaust, steel shelving unit, Mr. shop press performing dual duty as a clamp rack

Peg board panels and benches. I keep "sacrificial" sheets of masonite on the bench tops most of the time.

The bench with the vice is the same height as the t-saw to serve as an out feed table if need be.

Peg board detail. The poplar screwdriver rack is fitted with peg board hooks so it can live in any spot.

For greasy or oily work the lower bench is also deep enough for one of those "Blitz" (under car) drip pans.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #42
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Pool View Post
Here are a few ideas.
Peg board panels framed in poplar to match the bench tops and some of the machine bases. Unseen inside the panels are 1/2" vertical stringers on 6" centers, glued to both the luan "back" and the peg board. The frame has multiple internal rabbits like a picture frame to support the inset back and peg board. No warps or bends with the heaviest loads.

50x25 with segregated shop bay, half bath, walk in storage, heat and AC

Shop bay

R2D2 (ShopVac) sporting dual directionally tunable exhaust, steel shelving unit, Mr. shop press performing dual duty as a clamp rack

Peg board panels and benches. I keep "sacrificial" sheets of masonite on the bench tops most of the time.

The bench with the vice is the same height as the t-saw to serve as an out feed table if need be.

Peg board detail. The poplar screwdriver rack is fitted with peg board hooks so it can live in any spot.

For greasy or oily work the lower bench is also deep enough for one of those "Blitz" (under car) drip pans.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #43
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here are a few ideas.

50x25 with segregated shop bay, half bath, walk in storage, heat and AC

Shop bay

wow! and clean and orderly as well! is your pegboards hanging from french cleats or screwed to studs?
Old 10-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #44
POINT ONE %ER
Dirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post

wow! and clean and orderly as well! is your pegboards hanging from french cleats or screwed to studs?
Thanks man.
The three 2x4 panels are fastened with six 1/8" toggles each due to not being able to span two studs while maintaining the desired placement. The t-bolt heads were dressed down on the grinder for minimal visibility. The 4x8 panel is screwed directly to all the studs behind it with "trim head" screws.

Just for the record, in the real world "clean and orderly" is a curse, maybe even a sickness.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #45
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Nice set up Dirty Pool , but you seem to be missing the most important screwdrivers , The Robertson , take care of that little oversight and your score will improve
Old 10-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #46
POINT ONE %ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Nice set up Dirty Pool , but you seem to be missing the most important screwdrivers , The Robertson , take care of that little oversight and your score will improve
Ahhh Robertson, got em. That takes me back to the 60/70s when I was in the recreational powerboat field. They were the fastener of choice for boat manufacturers. A real pain in the butt until Black and Decker came out with a "cordless drill", what a wrist saver.

Here's a rare one, can't find a driver for it. Best I can tell, it's a 4.5mm smooth head.

Then there's the time tested 3/8" straight blade "Flintstone". A classic.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #47
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here are a few ideas.

I like having the sacrifical masonite benchtops, too. Of course, now I have to build entirely new benches at the new place...

I also want to build a new rollaround project table that can serve as outfeed, too. And the dropped mitersaw table between benches.

Using the drip pan on the bench...so simple, never thought of it! Help stop parts form rolling off into nether regions,too. I have two, are they 24" deep?
Old 10-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #48
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ahhh Robertson, got em. That takes me back to the 60/70s when I was in the recreational powerboat field. They were the fastener of choice for boat manufacturers. A real pain in the butt until Black and Decker came out with a "cordless drill", what a wrist saver.

Here's a rare one, can't find a driver for it. Best I can tell, it's a 4.5mm smooth head.

Then there's the time tested 3/8" straight blade "Flintstone". A classic.
Lol
Old 10-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #49
POINT ONE %ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
I like having the sacrifical masonite benchtops, too. Of course, now I have to build entirely new benches at the new place...

I also want to build a new rollaround project table that can serve as outfeed, too. And the dropped mitersaw table betteen benches.

Using the drip pan on the bench...so simple, never thought of it! Help stop parts form rolling off into nether regions,too. I have two, are they 24" deep?
The pan in the pic, the "Blitz" brand, is 25"x36".
Old 10-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #50
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The pan in the pic, the "Blitz" brand, is 25"x36".
Yeah, I'm sure it's the same as I have, but it's still at the other house with my jack etc. Cool, works for 24 inch deep bench. I can't wait to start planning, thanks for the additoinal inspiration.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #51
POINT ONE %ER

Here is one more detail of some creative pegboardia. I was tired of the paper towel roll unrolling in a breeze. It's just a piece of closet rod and a few links of chain. Gravity keeps the roll against the pegboard as it gets smaller so a "bad jerk and tear" or breeze will not disrupt harmony in the workplace.

Shameless boast for my "scratch proof" spanner collection.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #52

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here is one more detail of some creative pegboardia. I was tired of the paper towel roll unrolling in a breeze. It's just a piece of closet rod and a few links of chain. Gravity keeps the roll against the pegboard as it gets smaller so a "bad jerk and tear" or breeze will not disrupt harmony in the workplace.

Shameless boast for my "scratch proof" spanner collection.
Those are some clean knee pads. You're not trying hard enough.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #53
POINT ONE %ER

Quote:
Those are some clean knee pads. You're not trying hard enough.
LOL, yea, they are cheap ass HF. They leave black marks everywhere. I will toss em. Thanks for the reminder.

What? No comment on the MDF d-ring mount in the upper right?
Old 10-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #54

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL, yea, they are cheap ass HF. They leave black marks everywhere. I will toss em. Thanks for the reminder.

What? No comment on the MDF d-ring mount in the upper right?
??? Does not compute, don't see it.

But I wouldn't mind a close-up of the chisel racks...
Old 10-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #55
POINT ONE %ER

Quote:
??? Does not compute, don't see it.

But I wouldn't mind a close-up of the chisel racks...
Sorry, my mistake. I meant upper left. It's a pattern/mock up for these. I stick it to my hood with 2 sided tape for a laugh out on the trail...never mind.

Here's the racks.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #56

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry, my mistake. I meant upper left. It's a pattern/mock up for these. I stick it to my hood with 2 sided tape for a laugh out on the trail...never mind.

Here's the racks.

Ah, LOL. I saw the D rings at left, but I'm thinking they were steel, not MDF, WTF is he talking about?

I have a set of Marples too that I want to get out of the rollaround tool chest, along with the planes. I want to keep the chest all mechanical, but I was just out of space at the old house...

This all reminds me that I need a drill press too. Merry Christmas...
Old 10-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #57
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
dirty pool,

nice looking chisel holders!, i'd like to make something like that...

how do you like your japanese pull saw?... i got two, really like them...
Old 10-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #58
koditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kirk
koditten's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a couple of my shop.
Attached Thumbnails
Garage & Workshop BS Thread-nikon_xmas_present_test_pictures_018.jpg   Garage & Workshop BS Thread-nikon_xmas_present_test_pictures_019.jpg  
Old 10-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #59
koditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Those are shitty pics, I'll look for some more.

KO
Old 10-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #60

Here is a few moar. Hopefully the trailers are not distracting.

The pic of the Tundra is kinda kool. The flea market bed cap makes the truck look like it's sagging.

Later

KO
Attached Thumbnails
Garage & Workshop BS Thread-imag0047.jpg   Garage & Workshop BS Thread-img00174-20121112-1655.jpg   Garage & Workshop BS Thread-dscn0977.jpg   Garage & Workshop BS Thread-dscn0950.jpg   Garage & Workshop BS Thread-dscn1270.jpg