Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

"Compact" Extension Ladders

Old 09-15-2012, 03:54 AM   #1
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
"Compact" Extension Ladders

There are alot of choices out there. Telescopic, folding and sliding. The salesguys are no help, the recommend everything.

Id like Grade 2, 16' at least and have it fit in the bed (with the gate closed would be awesome)

Anyone have a recommendation?

Thx,
Old 09-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
i have a costco ladder, folding/telescoping (similar to the little giant brand), ...is that what you're thinking of?
Old 09-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
To be honest I have not eliminated any design yet. What is the weight capacity? I cant see myself using it in positions other than step ladder or extension. I have a 7' step and and a couple 2' saw horse style stands.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
I have one of these:
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...1#.UFZ1A_l5mK0

I live in a ranch so it's all I need. Very easy to use and also very well built, I've never had a problem with it.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:45 AM   #5
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
I have the little giant extreme, versatile but it is pretty heavy to move around by yourself. I feel very safe on it though even at fullest extended height.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:09 AM   #6
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like high places too much so I require a fairly sturdy ladder when getting on roofs and the such. The Little Giant/Werner convertible ladders aren't the greatest as extension ladders but they will work. The biggest con is they weight a ton.