LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Garage air compressor recommendations

Old 09-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Garage air compressor recommendations

Need help choosing one for my garage.

I was looking into a Makita

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Makita-5-2-...200/202713486/

Any sugestions / recommendations
Old 09-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I have a craftsman 33 gallon. It does good for everything except running my die grinder any more than a couple seconds. I wish I would have saved and bought a 2 stage. I would say buy the biggest your budget allows.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought one a little while ago and here's what I learned when researching mine (I'm not an expert, just repeating what I read). There's 2 things to consider when buying a compressor, duty cycle and tank volume. Depending on what you're doing with the compressor, you might be able to get away with a smaller compressor and a large tank. Sure, when the tank is empty, it takes a while to fill back up but if you do small projects at a time, by the time the tank is empty, you're done anyways. Otherwise, you need the higher duty cycle. Makita always used to make decent stuff, never had any issues with them. I ended up with a Bosch compressor. It works well for me as I mostly just run air nailers and use it for tire fills, I don't have many air tools.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Good info thanks guys