Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Fixing the plastic feet on camp chairs

Old 10-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
www.salexorganizers.com
salex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Todd
salex's Tacoma Gallery
Fixing the plastic feet on camp chairs

Looking for clever ideas on fixing the broken plastic feet on my folding camp chairs. I have been to the end of the internet and can't find replacement parts. I have called Coleman and Quik Shade with no luck. Been to Sports Authority where I bought them and they are useless as always. The label on the chairs is some Chinese company that turns up nothing on Google. The best I have seen on "fix it" sites is duct tape and super glue. Others say just pitch the chairs and buy new ones. There is nothing wrong with my chairs other than the feet and I didn't but the cheep ones to start I got the nice NFL logo chairs.

Any ideas or links to buy parts?
Old 10-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
www.salexorganizers.com
salex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedsalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
salex's Tacoma Gallery
Add www.northpoleltd.com to the list. Bankrupt in August phone is disconnected. Made a lot of sewn camping product under different names. Hope none of you need any warranty help. Still looking for a good way to fix these chair feet.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
maybe a clever homemade solution?.. not sure what the legs look like, you say folding chair, so does that mean the legs are tubing that runs horizontal (one in front, one in back?)?...
Old 10-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
raskal is on a distinguished road
raskal's Tacoma Gallery
indoor solution, buy crutch replacement feet
Old 10-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #5
mtxsub is on a distinguished road

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
try jb weld i use it on plastic stuff
Old 10-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #6
www.salexorganizers.com
salex's Tacoma Gallery
It's the folding type chair that goes in a bag. Unfortunately some of the feet have crumbled and are gone so gluing is not even an option.
Attached Thumbnails
Fixing the plastic feet on camp chairs-camp-chair.jpg  
Old 10-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #7
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
hmm, you might be able to fabricate one out of a small block of wood - looks like there's two pins, or bolts of some sort that attach the foot to the legs?...