Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Powder Coating in Northern Virginia

Old 10-12-2012, 06:15 AM   #1
steelers4582 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
steelers4582's Tacoma Gallery
Powder Coating in Northern Virginia

Anyone in the NoVa area know of any decent powder coaters who won't charge an arm and a leg? I got a quote yesterday for a light bar and 2 side steps and they said it was going to cost around $500 to coat!
Old 10-12-2012, 06:36 AM   #2
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
That's a little steep but not unusual for powdercoating 3 things. I had a quote for around $200 for just my lightbar when I was researching options for my Avid Lightbar. Probably $150 for each step and $200 for the bar. I would just call a bunch of shops, sorry I don't have any specifics.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Whoa that's crazy you could always ship it out to me
Old 11-13-2012, 04:35 AM   #4
nytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
nytmarecoma88's Tacoma Gallery
theres a shop i used to work at in front royal, creative coatings.....if u could make it there, talk to dale, he'll treat u right
Old 11-13-2012, 07:10 AM   #5
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
I ran into the same situation. Ended up line x in manassas their prices werent much more than powdercoat and the finish is much more durable