Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Compressor

Old 11-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Compressor

I'm looking for a compressor but am not certain what brand is decent. I'm going to be using it for applying wall texture. I have a 2 gallon one from Lowes that worked fine for minor nail work but it only lasts long enough to put texture on a plywood sized portion of the wall. So I wait for it to recharge and then go on to the next section. It really slows things down and it's super loud. I'm thinking a 20 gallon size should be good enough. I'll be moving it around to different parts of the house so I need something somewhat portable.

What do you guys recommend?
Old 11-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Anything with an Oiled compressor is pretty decent. An oiled compressor is easilly repaired, and lasts much longer than an "Oil free" or "Oil less" one.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I wound up getting the Dewalt D55167. It has a 15 gallon 200 psi tank and a 1.6hp motor. It's pretty quiet. I did some orange peel texturing with it this weekend and it was awesome! Finished a whole wall without stopping. I only had to stop to reload the hopper.

Attached Thumbnails
Compressor-dewalt-pump.jpg