LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

My welding/plasma cutting table

Old 11-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
masterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud of
Name: Paul
masterwacker's Tacoma Gallery
My welding/plasma cutting table

I needed a welding table and a plasma cutting table, but I did not have room for (2) separate tables in my garage. So I came up with my idea and built it. I still have some finish work to do like shelves, vise, outlet boxes, etc but here it is so far:

Welding table

Flip side of table with fold down plasma cutting table

The legs fold in to stow and out to support the plasma table

The slats are sacrificial and removable

The slat holders on the table. This part was pretty tedious...

With the slats put into the holders

The sleeved leg swings on a bolt and is held in place with a pin when extended

The leg's height can be adjusted to level out the table if needed. This is how I did that:

Result

Old 11-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
Dogs & cats, living together! Mass hysteria!
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Plasma cutter, eh? Lucky guy! Looks like a smart way to save space and still have adequate support. That's got to be better than laying everything on the floor.

I'm always trying different things to maximize workspace. The Tacoma is the longest vehicle I've had, so it's a squeeze getting it all the way inside. My next project is putting wheels on my bench and a large set of drawers so I can quickly shuffle them around for more garage depth. As it is, my truck is almost bumping my toolbox when I close the overhead door.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #4
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice setup!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #5
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Very nicely done. Simple yet effective
Old 01-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #6
Fire Taco Fighter has a spectacular aura aboutFire Taco Fighter has a spectacular aura about
Firefighter:
Fire Taco Fighter's Tacoma Gallery
Nice hefty table man......... I like it that a hobart welder?.........I have a hobart 175 and love it