Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Which tool brand do you prefer?

View Poll Results: What tools do you use?
Snap-On 71 43.56%
Mac 6 3.68%
Matco 13 7.98%
Cornwell 3 1.84%
Craftsman 110 67.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #21
WiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud of

Army: 12B Comabt Enginneer, OEF 11-12
Name: James
WiR3D's Tacoma Gallery
I have a mix so far.. wrenches and socket set are Kobalt.. Picked up some larger sockets that are Chicago and a Torque wrench that I cant remember who makes it but got it at Harbor Freight. Speaking of which.. I never knew about that place! Man they have some killer deals there! Cant wait to get a place with a garage and get my own drill press and so on... Woo! Oh.. Its a Pittsburgh Pro 1/2in Torque Wrench.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #22
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
Old school Craftsman stuff from my Grandfather.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #23
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
All my hand tools are craftsman, air tools are IR. Great warranty, and they do the job for me around the garage. If wrenching was my profession I would try my best to have all snap-on. All my dads tools are snap-on and they are bad ass, but thats how he has made his living for 33 years now.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #24
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post
I have a mix so far.. wrenches and socket set are Kobalt.. Picked up some larger sockets that are Chicago and a Torque wrench that I cant remember who makes it but got it at Harbor Freight. Speaking of which.. I never knew about that place! Man they have some killer deals there! Cant wait to get a place with a garage and get my own drill press and so on... Woo! Oh.. Its a Pittsburgh Pro 1/2in Torque Wrench.
the rule of thumb is, dont trust harbor freight for anything that your life may depend on. and/or anything that is electrical.

i use their impact sockets and the higher grade wrenches. the only things i have boght from there that havent failed. and oh, my floor jack, which has so far been great.

if i could afford any tool, it would be snap-on. but i honestly havent used any of the others. someone said proto earlier. if my local praxair hadn't gone lame, i would have more proto
Old 12-02-2012, 12:16 AM   #25
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
There's a bunch of good input on this thread, glad to hear everyone's opinions.

For what it's worth, I actually have an Ingresol Rand impact gun that I LOVE!
Old 12-02-2012, 12:19 AM   #26
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Craftsman complete sets. Husky screwdrivers. Snapon impact wrench. Hft pitts pro tools are looking good though. Hft jack is excellent.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:24 AM   #27
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer craftsman just for the ease of getting replacements on broken shit. When it comes to precision measurement you gotta stick with fluke for electrical and mitutoyo or starrett for distance measuring. General tools are great too but harder to come by these days. I use general for most my punches, rules etc. snap on is great but a pain in the butt to get replacement and if you don't have a good local dealer you're shit outta luck.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:28 AM   #28
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Matco is good shit too and you can get a good discount depending on where you work. Napa always has great customer service but be carefull what you buy as they have dipped into the cheap china bullshit lately and it's turning more into a autozone.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:33 AM   #29
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
some snap-on mostly craftsman, if i was working in a shop snap on all the way but for just home use and changing oil ect craftsman
Old 12-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #31
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Is craftsman still made in America with American steel?
Old 12-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #32
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
Not all of it.

I believe the main tools are, but there are a lot of items that carry the name that are imported, and do not carry the lifetime warranty.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #33
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
The last time Tacoma frames were made in America with American steel (Dana), things didn't work out so well...
Old 12-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #34
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk1589 View Post
I've had snap on stuff break but the ONE ratchet i have put thru ever living hell has never let me down is a COMPOSITE yes plastic-ish ratchet from HFT. I've had a pipe on that sucker and it just goes along with the abuse. This thing
http://www.harborfreight.com/1-2-hal...het-66314.html
Composites/polymers are underrated these days.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #35
RSC17 has a spectacular aura aboutRSC17 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Rick
RSC17's Tacoma Gallery
MAC, Craftsman, Proto and I have a Stanley mechanics set to keep in the truck.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #36
jeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief 62 AMXS
Name: Drew
jeckel7234's Tacoma Gallery
i voted everyone except craftsman
Old 12-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #37
jeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief 62 AMXS
Name: Drew
jeckel7234's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post
should of put hf pittsburgh as another option in the poll
Old 12-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #38
kbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kbauman92's Tacoma Gallery
My step dad works for Snap On, ive been lucky growing up with a garage full of them
Old 12-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #39
slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
Leggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Leggo's Tacoma Gallery
If you are a pro then you get Snap-On because it's good stuff with a truck that comes to your work once a week and you can swap it out for new then, plus they just feel nice in your hand everyday and all day. But, for the average Joe, Craftsman or Kobalt are absolutely fine. In fact there are a lot of good manufacturers out there now. You get what you pay for
Old 12-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #40
tls01taco has much to be proud oftls01taco has much to be proud oftls01taco has much to be proud oftls01taco has much to be proud oftls01taco has much to be proud oftls01taco has much to be proud oftls01taco has much to be proud oftls01taco has much to be proud oftls01taco has much to be proud of

Name: Tanner
tls01taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
All my hand tools are craftsman, air tools are IR. Great warranty, and they do the job for me around the garage. If wrenching was my profession I would try my best to have all snap-on. All my dads tools are snap-on and they are bad ass, but thats how he has made his living for 33 years now.
Agreed, my dad used to make a living with his and snap on was convenient becuase the truck came every week to the shop, and quality and expense was justified.

I used to work at our local sears store, 99% of my tools are craftsman becuase i saw the pricing day in and day out and bought them on good sales and warranty exchange has been simple even after leaving.

Products Discussed in this Thread