After paying the lawn boy all summer this year, I've decided it's time for me to get a mower for next year. I've never had a riding mower, because this is the first place I've lived that has a yard big enough to justify one, so that being said, I'm kind of clueless. (big surprise)
I've been watching craigslist for lawn mowers for the past couple months, while also looking at new ones.
I really like the john deere d110 but I don't think I can throw down 1700 on a mower right now.
I found a L110 on craigslist ($575)
I also found a D100: ($875)
I've emailed the sellers about them and asked the following questions-- (I left off the ones that were answered in the ads)
1. When did you get it and where did you originally purchase it?
2. How many hours are on it?
3. Why are you getting rid of it?
4. Who/Where did repairs/maintenance?
5. What kind of lot have you been mowing with it?
6. Have you had any issues with keeping air in the tires?
7. Has it been properly winterized?
8. How's the transmission holding up; does it shift smoothly?
9. What repairs have been made and what repairs are needed?
10. Does it start easily/quickly or does it take a little while and multiple tries?
11. Where has it been stored? (Garage/Shed or Outdoors)
What do I need to keep in mind and watch for?
Thanks for the help in advance!