Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Building a new House

Old 04-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #281
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krap22 View Post
Unfinished Red Oak
You're gonna lay , sand and coat in 5 days ?
Old 04-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #282
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You're gonna lay , sand and coat in 5 days ?

No, just lay.

I will then be taking some time to sand and wire brush the floor. Then when they would normally schedule carpet to be installed, i will be finishing as well as putting the epoxy on the garage floor.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #283
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
New shelving unit to go in the closet.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #284
krap22's Tacoma Gallery

Old 04-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #285
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
What is the white underlayment you are using ?

Looks like a nice floor
Old 04-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #286
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What is the white underlayment you are using ?

Looks like a nice floor
It is a silicone based vapor barrier underlayment.

The floor is a mixture of 3 1/4",4", and 5" #2 red oak. Lots of character, very little straight grain.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #287

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It is a silicone based vapor barrier underlayment.

The floor is a mixture of 3 1/4",4", and 5" #2 red oak. Lots of character, very little straight grain.
Interesting

Is this over a crawl ?
Old 04-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #288
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Interesting

Is this over a crawl ?
Full basement below. We have tornadoes so every house has a basement.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #289

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Full basement below. We have tornadoes so every house has a basement.
What is the reasoning for the vapour barrier ?
Old 04-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #290
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
to block vapors! why ask a dumb question OZ? jk
Old 04-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #291
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it was recommended to me from the flooring company. I was going to the red rosin paper but they said it has a tendency to dry rot. It also will help with squeaks.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #292

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it was recommended to me from the flooring company. I was going to the red rosin paper but they said it has a tendency to dry rot. It also will help with squeaks.
Huh , not saying it's a bad thing , we usually use a wax paper under strip flooring
Old 04-13-2013, 07:04 AM   #294
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good Adam, always been a fan of wood floors.

What sort of stain/finish are you going with? Light, dark? Gloss, matte?
Old 04-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #295
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When I recently bought 3,500 sq ft of 3/4" Africian Wormy Cherry, (3 widths) the company suggested that I buy one of their "sound deadening pads" for the upstairs.

I tested this pad at a buddies house and it really makes the floor "quiet". Can't remember the price per roll, but the company had the regular & higher end padding for sale. This padding (under 3/4" nailed or stapled solid wood flooring) was new to me.

This pad is primarily used to "deaden floor sounds" but also can act as a vapor barrier. It really makes a big difference in a quieter floor too.

PS ... I was going to buy the normal "red rosin paper" when this new stuff was sold to me. I wonder if you "overlap" or "edge fit" the seams of this padding, as it is pretty thin stuff.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #296
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
Looking good Adam, always been a fan of wood floors.

What sort of stain/finish are you going with? Light, dark? Gloss, matte?
We are still working on it. We had it all picked out until the company that made our finish quit making it. I found a new finish and we are working on the color. It will be a darker color with a matte finish. The finish will be a penetrating oil that fills the pores and leaves the hard wood and allows for easy repairs.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #297
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #299
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looks good Merde
Thanks oz.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:18 PM   #300
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
... ^^^ ... I like that nailed at at angle. Perhaps that would also help to hide "out of square" rooms too. ... ...