LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Building a new House

Old 06-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #361
BigFoot aka Sasquatch
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
1 week left
Old 06-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #362
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krap22 View Post
1 week left
Stock the fridge...
Old 06-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #363
BigFoot aka Sasquatch
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Stock the fridge...
working on it as I type this.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #364
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
working on it as I type this.
Well at least you have your priorities in line!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #365
BigFoot aka Sasquatch

krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got the sink in and installed right

Old 06-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #366
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
I like that.

Nice clean simple lines.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #367
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I love that sink...
Old 06-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #368
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Very Nice!

I just found this thread....Im building a home too, well not myself and I dont have a whole lot of say in it, but its a new development. I picked the floorplan, colors, finishes ect....Its my 1st house, I cant wait! Sept/Oct is the move in timeframe. Eventually I want to be the GC and buy a piece of land and make everything mine. But this will be great for the next 5-7 yrs.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #369
BigFoot aka Sasquatch

krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Very Nice!

I just found this thread....Im building a home too, well not myself and I dont have a whole lot of say in it, but its a new development. I picked the floorplan, colors, finishes ect....Its my 1st house, I cant wait! Sept/Oct is the move in timeframe. Eventually I want to be the GC and buy a piece of land and make everything mine. But this will be great for the next 5-7 yrs.

If you want to GC your next home, make sure you are at the house every day. Document what happens so you know the order of things when you want to do it yourself. It will be a great learning experience. If I build a house again, I will be the GC and I will do a LOT of the work myself.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #370
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
People that don't have a basic understanding of the trades and how their scheduling effects the efficiency and timeline of house construction should just work their regular job , make money and pay a GC
Old 06-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #371
esbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud of

Royal Canadian Mounted Police:
Name: B-Rad
esbyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
People that don't have a basic understanding of the trades and how their scheduling effects the efficiency and timeline of house construction should just work their regular job , make money and pay a GC
So true! People don't understand how one small delay in work or lead time in materials can affect everything else down the line. I typically do all my work but in selling my house in AZ, I performed the demo/prep and whatever I can on the weekends and subed the rest of the work out during the week while I worked my day job. One week of work for a friend would have take three weekends for me to finish and delayed listing my house nearly a month. Instead it goes on the market on Monday.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #372
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's all part of the experience
Old 06-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #373
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
It's all part of the experience
False economy

If you take time off your paying job to save what you would spend on a GC , and then do the GC's job far less efficiently , you are losing , not gaining
Old 06-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #374
BigFoot aka Sasquatch

krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
False economy

If you take time off your paying job to save what you would spend on a GC , and then do the GC's job far less efficiently , you are losing , not gaining

That's why you retire for 2 years like my dad did so he could build/GC his last house.

I would have done the GC for this house if I had enough time, but I just simply can't take that much time off work to do the things I want and GC the house.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #375
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
False economy

I never said it was smart, just that it was part of the GC experience! People should go through it, they'll have a new respect for trades people.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #376

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's why you retire for 2 years like my dad did so he could build/GC his last house.

I would have done the GC for this house if I had enough time, but I just simply can't take that much time off work to do the things I want and GC the house.
That's fine if you can afford to not have an income for 2 years
Old 06-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #377

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I never said it was smart, just that it was part of the GC experience! People should go through it, they'll have a new respect for trades people.
!!!

Old 06-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #378
BigFoot aka Sasquatch

krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's fine if you can afford to not have an income for 2 years
It was fine for my Parents because they were close to retirement age. I couldn't even come close to that.

Quote:
I have a huge respect for trades people. The work they do is pretty impressive. I couldn't do most of that work, day in, day out.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #379
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I was the GC on my house and I was not able to be onsite 24/7. It was a pain in the ass. At first it was fine because I paid a friend who was a framer and also framed my house to get me dried in so everything flew in the beginning. As soon as his end was done I had to deal with the HVAC, plumbing and electrical. The electrician luckily was a neighbor down the road who has had his business for over 35 years so he sent his best guy.

The plumber was recommended by an acquaintance and I should have fired him the first day he didn't show up. Luckily, I only had to rely on other people until the inside was taped and textured as I did the rest.

If I ever GC another house I will be there constantly.