LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Building a new House

Old 12-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #21
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I'm on my computer now and can actually see the pics better

are the anchors in the walls ( besides the ones by the garage door ) straps ?

why are the bolts so far out of the concrete , is there tie down hardware going in these locations or is it a local code requirement ?

Old 12-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #22
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rardigo View Post
Not here in Cali. I would have 16" OC verts, with 12" OC horz #6 min if its a poured wall, if a block wall every other cell with #6 verts and #6 horz every third row and fill the cells with 5k psi. But thats just me, I tend to over build everything if its my own.
15m @ 16" OCEW is standard here
Old 12-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #23
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post

why are the bolts so far out of the concrete , is there tie down hardware going in these locations or is it a local code requirement ?
Where you building your house before I start asking a bunch of questions? Just curious is all, I am in construction and so is OZ I think. Not trying to pick your place apart dude
Old 12-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #24

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah , are you gonna get mad if we talk in your thread Merde ?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #25
BigFoot aka Sasquatch
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
Is this the garage? Looks much more spacious than JDMcQ's...we may have to relocate.

Yes, that is the over sized garage

Quote:
4' centres on the vertical rebar

Not a seismic concern in the world , lol
You are correct, we worry about tornadoes, not earthquakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafwx View Post
sub'd congrats, helped my parents build their house when I was in high school, we hired sub contractors and dad did the general contracting, had to help with painting and door knobs and what not, was cool watching each step. someday want to build my own, I love carriage house set ups where the garage opens up into the living area, just plan on it being me, my bikes, and the truck.
My parents have built 5 houses. I've been around to help with 4 of them. I wasn't involved to near the depth I am now, but I have a good idea of the process. This house is somewhat of a compromise for me. I wanted to take it much further with the amount of work I do, but I don't have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocknroll View Post
Any pictures of the floor plan?
I've got some somewhere. I'll get them put up eventually.

Quote:

Yes, the anchors in the walls are straps. I'm not sure about the bolts. I would assume alot of it has to do with our code because of tornadoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rardigo View Post
Where you building your house before I start asking a bunch of questions? Just curious is all, I am in construction and so is OZ I think. Not trying to pick your place apart dude
We are in Iowa. I welcome the thoughts. It's always interesting to get the ideas from different parts of the country.

Quote:
Nope, don't care if you talk in here.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #26
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
this thing done yet?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #27
BigFoot aka Sasquatch
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
this thing done yet?
fuck, I wish. Already been working on it for 6 months.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #28
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
how much longer to go?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #29
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krap22 View Post
fuck, I wish. Already been working on it for 6 months.
You are in Iowa correct? Makes me want to move out of Cali..
Old 12-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #30

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Do you need to do constant load path hold downs for wind uplift / tornadoes ?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #31
BigFoot aka Sasquatch

krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
how much longer to go?
5-6 months depending on the weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectTekniq View Post
You are in Iowa correct? Makes me want to move out of Cali..
Yep, Iowa is so much nicer than Cali. I love some of the stuff to do in Cali, but i can't fucking stand 99% of the people.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #32
BigFoot aka Sasquatch

krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm not sure. I would have to check into that.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #34
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed for the and bs
Old 12-07-2012, 07:25 AM   #35
BigFoot aka Sasquatch

krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Subbed for the and bs
There will be no BS in here
Old 12-07-2012, 07:27 AM   #37
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Subbed for the and bs
Quote:
So....a vendor brought a variety box of popcorn here. Do not try the sour apple glazed
Old 12-07-2012, 07:33 AM   #38
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
Shirley you Jest.
His name is Adam, derrrr
Old 12-07-2012, 07:44 AM   #39
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Nope, don't care if you talk in here.
Quote:
You do realize you previously gave the OZ-meister permission to talk shit in here, right? No take backs

Can't wait to see the progress!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #40
jlleiber is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
jlleiber's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Definitely need a constant load path from roof trusses to wall (clips) and wall to the foundation. 48" anchor bolt spacing for the bases is pretty common for what we do here in Indiana and Iowa has the same wind design speeds as us. A lot of times though, based on code uplift, the dead load of the roof will offset the majority of that uplift and not many truss clips or base anchors are needed (hence the seemingly large 4' spacing)

Congrats on building the house OP! Just moved into my newly built house in June. Very excited stuff. I'm surprised you're 6 months in though and still have six months left. The whole process took me 5-6 months total