Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

New House Built - Garage Suggestions

Old 12-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #21
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NAVAIR
Name: Michael
goufcustom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilslick View Post
Make some space for a refrigerator, whether it be a large or small one. It's a great place to drink a beer or two when working on minor projects. A deep basin sink is a must too.

Will have both a refrigerator space and a deep basin sink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinterhalter View Post
Run Cable so you can set up a TV (man cave)

Pull Cat5 for a hardwired internet connection. Don't count on the wifi being strong enough to work in the garage. If you have a Cat5 line, you can set up and old computer on your bench for Net Searches / Pandora Music etc...
Good idea, I listen to Pandora in my garage a lot, that or the radio.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:15 AM   #22
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know if this was mentioned but did you think about drains in the floor? One under each car or in the center makes cleaning up mess a lot easier.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #24
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaStylee View Post
my suggestion: double-up on garage door controls.

I gutted/rewired my 2-car garage a couple years back and one of the features I really like is that I can open my garage doors from either end of the garage. I used low voltage lighted doorbell buttons for mine. In between the doors I have one button for each door, so if i'm on the way out I can close the door. Also, i have a button for each door on their respective side of the walk-in door to my basement so I can open the garage door as soon as I'm in the garage from the house. The final detail is that I have the two openers on a dedicated circuit controlled with a lighted switch... at night i turn off the light switch to kill power to the door openers for added security and it's easy to find in the dark because it's illuminated.
My father did this at there house when leaving u just tap a switch and door closes best thing!
Old 12-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #26
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Liftmaster jack shaft garage openers. No overhead chain drives to deal with. Mounts right on the shaft of the garage door. The only thing is you need an outlet near where the opener is mounted.http://liftmaster.com/lmcv2/pages/pr...px?modelId=436