Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Reverse osmosis help

Old 12-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Reverse osmosis help

I get a constant dripping sound in my sink drain while my ro tank is being refilled. I disconnected the ro drain line that is connected to sink drain only to see a constant stream. Its never done this before. I just changed my filters two weeks ago. Am I supposed to do any maintenance to the canister on top?
Old 12-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
NVM. I guess the "membrane" req's replacement as well. Hopefully, that's the problem.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Some of those systems are cheap enough to toss if something happens.
I don't care for ro water,its stripped of too much minerals.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
My Ro sometimes make a dripping noise when the tank is refilling. It's common because its an "air gap" style faucet.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
Junior Mint
kool aid is on a distinguished road

kool aid's Tacoma Gallery
I used to use RODI water for my saltwater aquarium. The system that I used would dump water from a drain kind of like what you are describing. I think that the ratio was 4 gallons of wasted water for every gallon of RODI water. It had something to do with flushing the membrane while processing the water if I remember correctly. I never did understand why the water was wasted like that though.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #6
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
That's correct.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #7
Custom User Title

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool aid View Post
I used to use RODI water for my saltwater aquarium. The system that I used would dump water from a drain kind of like what you are describing. I think that the ratio was 4 gallons of wasted water for every gallon of RODI water. It had something to do with flushing the membrane while processing the water if I remember correctly. I never did understand why the water was wasted like that though.
Holy $hit. 4:1. Time to rethink this RO. Water bill was at $70 last month.