Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Best Way to Demolish a Shed?

Old 01-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #21
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on who's doing the cleanup. The SAFEST way would be to use a pry bar and pull it apart piece by piece. That's also the most boring way. I'd take a sledge hammer to the perimeter supports until it collapses in on itself or falls over.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #22
Reads more than posts
sofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
sofiasdad11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by medusa1066 View Post
I have an 8 x 12 wood shed, probably 7 feet high on roof ridge, simple gable roof with shingles. It has rot in the siding, floors, and roof, so I am not sure if anyone would want the scrap. My concrete driveway ends facing the shed (ie I can back up to it while demoing). I have at my disposal a circular saw, recip. saw, prybars, sledgehammers. As well as my Taco .

I have my own ideas, but someone might have some better experience.

So TW, what is the best (quickest, cheapest, SAFEST, easiest) way to demolish?
Eliminated a similar-sized old gazebo in our rear yard last fall. used a chainsaw to slice through the vertical posts, then attached the roof structure to the taco via a heavy tow chain, and pulled it down. destroying the shingled rooftop, however, will wreak havoc on virtually any powered-saw chain/blades, so found a good old-fashioned firemans axe performed well. sounds like your biggest obstacle may be disposing of the remnants was fortunate enough that my employer has many dumpsters available, requiring only burning of the smallish rubbish on my property. previously, i have found new construction sites (if there are any, lol) may have dumpsters one can use, albeit after hours
Old 01-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #25
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Wrap it around the center with a slipknot and hook it up to the truck. Drive away all quick like. Make sure you record it though!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:37 AM   #26
medusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nice
Name: Jonathan
medusa1066's Tacoma Gallery
Craiglist is panning out the best so far as the easiest. I have a guy lined up that wants to take it WHOLE for some reason. As soon as it gets warm enough for his old diesel flatbad to start, he is going to pick it up. I have had 6 other responses, and notified them in case he flakes out on me.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #27
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by medusa1066 View Post
Craiglist is panning out the best so far as the easiest. I have a guy lined up that wants to take it WHOLE for some reason. As soon as it gets warm enough for his old diesel flatbad to start, he is going to pick it up. I have had 6 other responses, and notified them in case he flakes out on me.
weird lol. maybe they plan on fixing it up or using pieces of it
Old 01-30-2013, 08:42 AM   #28
medusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nice
Name: Jonathan
medusa1066's Tacoma Gallery

DONE DEAL!