Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Best Way to Demolish a Shed?

Old 01-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
medusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nice
Name: Jonathan
medusa1066's Tacoma Gallery
Best Way to Demolish a Shed?

I have an 8 x 12 wood shed, probably 7 feet high on roof ridge, simple gable roof with shingles. It has rot in the siding, floors, and roof, so I am not sure if anyone would want the scrap. My concrete driveway ends facing the shed (ie I can back up to it while demoing). I have at my disposal a circular saw, recip. saw, prybars, sledgehammers. As well as my Taco .

I have my own ideas, but someone might have some better experience.

So TW, what is the best (quickest, cheapest, SAFEST, easiest) way to demolish?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Ask Chris4x4, im sure he can think of some ways to do it that would be interesting to say the least.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Bonfire!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #4
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
blow it up
Old 01-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz View Post
blow it up
Cool but over too quick and then you have to clean up the splinters.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #6
medusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Bonfire!
It's about 20 feet from my house
Old 01-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #7
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Liquid nitrogen and a bugzapper, or just build a dirt jump in front of it and and go from there.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #8
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Oh, and I've never done this before either..........
Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #9
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by medusa1066 View Post
It's about 20 feet from my house
Pull it with the tacoma until it's far enough away to torch safely.....
Old 01-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #10
Pull it all the way to the dump! (at least what's left by the time I get there)
Old 01-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #11
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
what if you cut the whole thing into small vertical strips (the entire height of the shed), and hold the whole thing together with rope while cutting, then untie all the rope and watch the whole thing fall apart?

Or put chain through holes in the shed in various places and just drove forward and ripped the walls apart with the chain.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyfield19 View Post
Place an add on craigslist for a free shed. If they want it then they can break it down and get it.
I should add that the siding, flooring, and roof have started to rot
Old 01-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #15
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
It would have been torn down by now if I was doing it. I love demo. All that matters is that it breaks down into small enough pieces to haul it away. It doesn't matter how you get to that point.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #17
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
If it is SAFE..

Make cuts to supports to make it fold into itself;
Cut once along one side of the roof...NOT all the way across...leave just enough to hit with hammer or pull with a chain..

Cut into all 4 top wall corners leavin same ( just enough to chain/hit with hammer)..then the same to bottom of those same 4 corners..

You decide which walls come down first ; ie folding them in ,the rest will follow...you mentioned how it fits/fills the end of your driveway...

Doing this allows you to p/u pieces and load into your Tacoma or a dumpster..

YEAH it is fun to just go NUTS but that usually leaves 2-3 times the clean-up work..
Old 01-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #18
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Use this just be-careful.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #20
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
just plasti-dip it and keep using it