Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Diagnose me/Fix me

Old 02-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Diagnose me/Fix me

I forgot to change the oil in November. So I changed it today before I did the lawn for the first time this year. What the hell is going on here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax_AJ...ature=youtu.be
Old 02-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like it was run over by a dump truck.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
It looks like it was run over by a dump truck.
I got the video to upload
Old 02-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #4

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #5
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Video is private
Old 02-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #6

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
Video is private
God dam it. Hold on
Old 02-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #7

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
What if I do this since I'm on my phone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax_A...e_gdata_player
Old 02-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Still says the video is private.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #9
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
What if I do this since I'm on my phone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax_A...e_gdata_player
Still private
Old 02-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #10
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
We still can't see your video.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #11

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Okay I think I fixed it
Old 02-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #12
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Did you have old fuel still sitting in the mower? If so, it probably gummed up your internals. I recommend replacing your spark plug every new cutting season.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #13
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Does it die, if you give it more throttle?
Old 02-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #14

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppham444 View Post
Did you have old fuel still sitting in the mower? If so, it probably gummed up your internals. I recommend replacing your spark plug every new cutting season.
Yeah i forgot to burn it down in September.
i put a new spark plug in on Saturday and it still runs like that. Can I just let it burn all the gas? Then replace with new gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
Does it die, if you give it more throttle?
Nope. That is full throttle
Old 02-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #15
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like bad gas or a partially clogged pilot jet maybe. Try reving it up.

edit: just saw that's full throttle, Im betting clogged main jet.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #16

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
edit: just saw that's full throttle, Im betting clogged main jet.
How can i clean that?
Old 02-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #17
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
How can i clean that?
Pull the carb off, and remove the float bowl. Inside there you'll find 2 jets, a main and a pilot. The main is usually the big one that isn't inside a long tube. Unscrew it with a flat blade screw driver and clean it till you can see through it. While in there I would clean up the float valve, pilot jet, etc. Old gas really screws things up inside a carb.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #18
andjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to behold
Law Enforcement: LAXPD
Name: Andew
andjenliang's Tacoma Gallery
would spraying carb cleaner help?
Old 02-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #19

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Pull the carb off, and remove the float bowl. Inside there you'll find 2 jets, a main and a pilot. The main is usually the big one that isn't inside a long tube. Unscrew it with a flat blade screw driver and clean it till you can see through it. While in there I would clean up the float valve, pilot jet, etc. Old gas really screws things up inside a carb.
Okay. Thanks. Should I run the motor till the gas is gone or pull everything and suck the gas out?
Old 02-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #20
braaap

Quote:
Okay. Thanks. Should I run the motor till the gas is gone or pull everything and suck the gas out?
pull the tank off and dump it. Also check out youtube for some tips on small engine carb rebuilds.