Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Stock Car Garage Chair for SteveJ

Old 02-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
PELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
PELLEY's Tacoma Gallery
Stock Car Garage Chair for SteveJ

So about 8 months ago Steve asked me to make a stock car cage around an old chair he had laying around. Well I have been busy, but today, if stock care chair day!!! So since this should be a fun a different build I thought why not share for Steve some of the build. I am hoping to get this done today, but as all projects go it might push into next weekend as well. But we are gunna give it a go. I will post updates as I hit milestones. Let us know what you think about his crazy seat!!!

Here is the chair and the seat.

And the motivation!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
PELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
PELLEY's Tacoma Gallery
The cage base

Rolling Chassis
Old 02-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
That's going to be a seriously protected office chair...

Designed to block frying pans and other projectiles from an angry wife for being on TW too long?

Is the base gonna support all that steel and still roll on the original casters?
Old 02-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
PELLEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan DCFS View Post
That's going to be a seriously protected office chair...

Designed to block frying pans and other projectiles from an angry wife for being on TW too long?

Is the base gonna support all that steel and still roll on the original casters?
You are correct, the cage, the seat, and the chair are gunna be three separate pieces. That way they can all be changed out or fixed or whatever separately. We will see how the stock wheels hold up, Steve might have to upgrade!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #5
PELLEY's Tacoma Gallery
Bending shit!!

The back of the cage.

The roof.

Stopping point for today. Ran out of shielding gas and broke my last chop saw blade... know when to fold um. Should have it all wrapped up next weekend though.