Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Anybody use Veto Pro Pac tool bags ?

Old 01-04-2014, 07:57 PM   #21
sbarnesvta is on a distinguished road
sbarnesvta's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like they make a pretty solid product, is there any way you could weigh that bag loaded?

75% of my work is traveling around the country, and I have to keep my bags under 50lbs. Unfortunately the lightweight bags just don't hold up. I have been using CLC brand bags with decent luck, I usually replace them once a year.

I am carrying basic hand tools, specialty IT related hand tools, and a dewalt 12V impact and 20V drill/ impact combo kit. Right now I have it all in (2) 50lb bags.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:01 PM   #22
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarnesvta View Post
Looks like they make a pretty solid product, is there any way you could weigh that bag loaded?

75% of my work is traveling around the country, and I have to keep my bags under 50lbs. Unfortunately the lightweight bags just don't hold up. I have been using CLC brand bags with decent luck, I usually replace them once a year.

I am carrying basic hand tools, specialty IT related hand tools, and a dewalt 12V impact and 20V drill/ impact combo kit. Right now I have it all in (2) 50lb bags.

I don't have a scale at home but I can weigh it for you on Monday

They carry a whole line of Tech Series bags as well

http://www.vetopropac.com/catalog/tech-series
Old 01-06-2014, 04:28 PM   #23
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't get a chance to weigh the bag today , it was too heavy for the scale at the lumber store

Added some more gear , this bag is awesome , a bit more stuff yet to go in once it arrives from Lee Valley

Old 01-08-2014, 11:09 AM   #24

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery

OK got the rest of my tools , so here it is fully loaded , load out pic and list of contents

Veto Pro Pac XXL-F tools

Framing square
2' level
20" pry bar
Japanese Ryoba flush cut saw
14" x 1 1/2" framing chisel
Japanese Dozuki HSS pull saw
Japanese Dozuki utility pull saw
14" Cat's Paw nail puller
16" combination square
Bosch GPL3 laser plumb bob
100' steel tape
Channel locks
12" tin shears
12" cresent wrench
Hammer tacker stapler
Caulking gun
Heavy duty standard stapler
Hammer
Speed square
Pack of extra utility knife blades
Extra carpenter's pencils
Standard pencil sharpener
Block eraser
Plumb bob
Stair gauges
Gloves
Cabinet scrapers ( 2 )
Glue up brushes ( 3 )
Extra standard pencils
Electrical tape ( 2 )
Teflon tape
Utility knife
1 1/2" x 9" chisel
1" x 9" chisel
3/4" x 9" chisel
1/2" x 9" chisel
Large OLFA knife
Pack of large OLFA blades
9" Picquic multi screwdriver
9" #2 Robertson screwdriver
9" #1 Robertson screwdriver
10" cresent wrench
Needle nose pliers
Vise grip flashing seamers
9" vise grips
Loop tie spinner
9" linesman's pliers
Crimping pliers
Tin snips ( red )
Metric hex set
Imperial hex set
Large felt marker
Chalk line
9" torpedo level
Standard angle block plane
Low angle block plane
Bevel set
Nail sets ( 3 )
Stud finder
String roll
21" standard hand saw
6" Try square
4 piece hook and pick set
Small files ( 3 )
Small heavy duty scissors
Dial caliper
6" compass dividers
6" pry bar
3" try square / bevel set combo
12" folding wooden caliper ruler
35' Fat Max tape measure
Old 01-11-2014, 09:20 PM   #25

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
Hmm, those look nice. I'm going to tell our buying group to get some in to take a closer look.

No experience with them tho.
Did you ever get one to look at ?
Old 03-17-2014, 11:47 PM   #26

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Just an update

Love this bag more everyday

I think I am going to get one of their new CT-XL cargo totes too

http://www.vetopropac.com/products/ct-xl
Old 03-18-2014, 05:46 AM   #27
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
I'll have to force Dad to sit in front of a computer to see if he's interested. I think a few of those could save him a lot of trips up & down steps and ladders.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:29 PM   #28
Conservative
Executive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Executive's Tacoma Gallery
I've been using these bags for about six years now. My oldest, the LC model is still running as good as new. I also have an XXL. I am an Electrician and teach Electrical Shop in a vocational school. When my students see these bags, they want them. They are expensive, especially for a student, but they last. You won't be disappointed.

Chris
Old 03-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #29

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Executive View Post
I've been using these bags for about six years now. My oldest, the LC model is still running as good as new. I also have an XXL. I am an Electrician and teach Electrical Shop in a vocational school. When my students see these bags, they want them. They are expensive, especially for a student, but they last. You won't be disappointed.

Chris

I 'm not disappointed at all , I love my XXL-F , and I'm going to buy one of their new cargo totes , the CT-XL when they are available in Canada next month
Old 04-27-2014, 06:31 PM   #30

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I 'm not disappointed at all , I love my XXL-F , and I'm going to buy one of their new cargo totes , the CT-XL when they are available in Canada next month

Cargo Totes are now available in Canada , ordered a CT-XL today , I'll post some pics when it arrives

http://www.vetopropac.com/products/ct-xl
Old 05-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #31

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Got my new bag

I'll post some pics of it loaded when I get a chance

First impressions are that it is huge and I'll be able to get as much gear in there as I can carry

I also purchased an additional shoulder strap so I have one for each bag

Quote:
Veto CT-XL

Quote:
CT-XL and XXL-F
Old 05-03-2014, 03:44 PM   #32
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I wouldn't have one of those beasts without a good shoulder strap. What's the pad like? Maxpedition makes an excellent, heavy duty strap pad that's made to attach to 2" webbing.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:47 PM   #33

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I wouldn't have one of those beasts without a good shoulder strap. What's the pad like? Maxpedition makes an excellent, heavy duty strap pad that's made to attach to 2" webbing.

It's pretty good

I'll get a pic , hang on
Old 05-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #34

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The webbing is 2" , the shoulder pad is pretty long and about 3 1/2" wide with heavy hardware

Quote:
Old 05-03-2014, 04:10 PM   #35
Backdoor Commentator

I expected nice, and it looks to be just that.

If you ever need a replacement, try one of these.

Maxpedition 2" shoulder pad

They use a closed cell foam that feels like a layer of chicken fat; very comfortable with a heavy load. The rest of their gear is ultra durable and of Veto Pro quality.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:59 PM   #36

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery

So I 've had a couple weeks to use my CT-XL , really liking this bag . I use it as a task bag , filling it up with tools , nails etc that I need for a certain job and then being able to pack up all my gear used during the day in one trip at the end of the day

Snapped a pic of my pack up this afternoon , 7 1/4" circular saw , framing spiker , full size hammer drill , 1/2" corded drill , handsaw , nails and assorted bits and small items in the bottom with room for more if I needed

Old 05-26-2014, 07:04 AM   #37
Bogg is on a distinguished road
Bogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Bogg
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I expected nice, and it looks to be just that.

If you ever need a replacement, try one of these.

Maxpedition 2" shoulder pad

They use a closed cell foam that feels like a layer of chicken fat; very comfortable with a heavy load. The rest of their gear is ultra durable and of Veto Pro quality.
May have to look into this. My shoulder strap pad is beginning to wear thru now. Last time I weighed my Pro Pac weighed in at just under 50lbs. Have had mine now for over 2yrs and love it!
Old 05-26-2014, 07:13 AM   #38
Backdoor Commentator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogg View Post
May have to look into this. My shoulder strap pad is beginning to wear thru now. Last time I weighed my Pro Pac weighed in at just under 50lbs. Have had mine now for over 2yrs and love it!
One thing I like about the Maxpedition pad is that it slides on the strap, but stays put on your shoulder. I have something similar on my camera bag, and it allows moving the bag to the front, side, or rear. On a tool bag, it might be handy to slide it to the rear to get through a narrow passage.

I think you'd be happy with the Maxpedition pad, but you may want to contact Veto first to see what their replacement policy is on wear items.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:46 PM   #39

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Veto has a 5 year " no downtime " warranty on their bags , not sure if it applies to the shoulder strap but it would be worth emailing them